1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Taking GCE tomorrow

1. Jan 11, 2012 #1
    I'm taking my first GCE exam tomorrow (Physics 1), but I don't feel like really working hard for the exam. I've just taken a nap, and played the piano for I while, and now I'm on Physics Forums. Should I be working really hard and practicing instead?

P.S. Are we really allowed to use TI 83/84 on the exam?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 11, 2012 #2
    It depends on a number of things, including but not limited to study habits, how stressed you are and how prepared for the exam you are. In any case, I think that you will be a better judge for this than any of us here.

Is this for A-Levels or GCSE? As far as I know, graphing calculators are not allowed. Only scientific ones, and they shouldn't be "pre-loaded with anything". You should check with your specific A-Level board though. I'm guessing you're with Edexcel or something.

4. Jan 11, 2012 #3
    The problem is that I feel like I'm not stressed at all. Is that a problem?

It is the GCE. The exam board is Edexcel and the instructions given is that TI 83/Plus and TI 84/Plus are allowed. I won't be buying one though (they are expensive...), but I'm just curious.

5. Jan 11, 2012 #4
    I don't know. Should it be? :)

If they specifically said that they are allowed, then surely they must be?

6. Jan 11, 2012 #5
    Maybe it's just that I'm accustomed to the "exam > everything" custom in Hong Kong. Most people here just study until very late every day (like 2 or 3 am).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook