Taking GCE tomorrow

• Thread starter dalcde
  • Start date
I'm taking my first GCE exam tomorrow (Physics 1), but I don't feel like really working hard for the exam. I've just taken a nap, and played the piano for I while, and now I'm on Physics Forums. Should I be working really hard and practicing instead?

P.S. Are we really allowed to use TI 83/84 on the exam?

Answers and Replies

It depends on a number of things, including but not limited to study habits, how stressed you are and how prepared for the exam you are. In any case, I think that you will be a better judge for this than any of us here.

Is this for A-Levels or GCSE? As far as I know, graphing calculators are not allowed. Only scientific ones, and they shouldn't be "pre-loaded with anything". You should check with your specific A-Level board though. I'm guessing you're with Edexcel or something.

It depends on a number of things, including but not limited to study habits, how stressed you are and how prepared for the exam you are. In any case, I think that you will be a better judge for this than any of us here.
The problem is that I feel like I'm not stressed at all. Is that a problem?

Is this for A-Levels or GCSE? As far as I know, graphing calculators are not allowed. Only scientific ones, and they shouldn't be "pre-loaded with anything". You should check with your specific A-Level board though. I'm guessing you're with Edexcel or something.
It is the GCE. The exam board is Edexcel and the instructions given is that TI 83/Plus and TI 84/Plus are allowed. I won't be buying one though (they are expensive...), but I'm just curious.

The problem is that I feel like I'm not stressed at all. Is that a problem?
I don't know. Should it be? :)

It is the GCE. The exam board is Edexcel and the instructions given is that TI 83/Plus and TI 84/Plus are allowed. I won't be buying one though (they are expensive...), but I'm just curious.
If they specifically said that they are allowed, then surely they must be?

I don't know. Should it be? :)
Maybe it's just that I'm accustomed to the "exam > everything" custom in Hong Kong. Most people here just study until very late every day (like 2 or 3 am).