Tattoos & Piercings: Thoughts & Experiences?

• Thread starter mcknia07
  • Start date
In summary, tattoos and piercings can be good or bad, depending on the person. Some like them and some don't, but they all have their own individual preferences.
Cyrus said:
I find both to be disgusting.

If a girl has a tattoo on her lower back, multiply the number of guys she said she has slept with by 10.

:rofl:

Physics news on Phys.org
I've always kind of had a thing for women with lots of tattoos (even full sleeves). Ohhh I also like brunettes who smoke, but not so much blondes. Weird huh?

A woman that smokes = disgusting. :yuck:

Danger said:
Those who viewed sex as a strictly recreational activity tended to just go through the motions. The ones who thought that I was something special to them expressed a sense of joy that really enhanced things.
Awww :smile:

Not anymore.. they put stuff that numbs skin

I think it is nasty when anyone smokes. As for tattoos, if they are meaningful, then they are ok, and as long as they don't have a bunch of them either. I want to thank everyone for your input, it has helped in my decesion :smile:

well i got my nips peirced and it hurt a lot but like my mom took me to get it done. but i live with my grand parents and my grandpa found out i got in trouble and i can't get my license well i am about to get them now.

Cyrus said:

If a girl has a tattoo on her lower back, multiply the number of guys she said she has slept with by 10. I have yet to see a tattoo that I thought looked good. I am sorry, having razor wire around your bicep is played out and stupid.

LMAO! :rofl: That is brilliant. Yeah I can't say I am a fan or either. I don't mind a few on a girls ears, but the more exotic ones, through the tongue, nose and other regions are a bit much.

Well at least this one look epic :rolleyes:

edit by Evo: The link was blocked by the website that hosted it.

Last edited by a moderator:
fileen said:
Love yourself and other people will be forced to do the same

Since when!? I love myself at least once a day (twice if I'm really bored), and I see no noticeable love coming from other people. :uhh:

kirk101 said:
well i got my nips peirced and it hurt a lot but like my mom took me to get it done. but i live with my grand parents and my grandpa found out i got in trouble and i can't get my license well i am about to get them now.

Ok, now that one would be pretty painful...more power to you for even wanting to even try to go through it all...lol

every1 wanted me to get it done so i did it (=

kirk101 said:
every1 wanted me to get it done so i did it (=

LOL, and as most parents would say...If all your friends jumped off a bridge, then would you? :biggrin:

mcknia07 said:
LOL, and as most parents would say...If all your friends jumped off a bridge, then would you? :biggrin:

Always be careful how you answer that question. With my mom, it was "If all your friends jumped off a cliff, would you?"

Years later, I found myself at the end of a line of crazy military policemen, all jumping off a thirty foot cliff, one after the other, into the river at the end of a rafting trip thinking, "Damn! Where was Regis and where was my lifeline when she asked that question?!"

I never would have been silly enough to go for the body piercings, though. Bad friends with a sick sense of humor, mostly. If they suggested sticking a fish hook through a body part, you could be pretty sure the fishing line was still hooked to the other end.

ouch omg

LOL, that would be a good sight to see though, like, little ducklings jumping in the water :biggrin:

Cyrus said:
Thats it, I am spitting in your shoes unless you bend over and show me that tramp stamp.

Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post

If a girl has a tattoo on her lower back, multiply the number of guys she said she has slept with by 10. I have yet to see a tattoo that I thought looked good. I am sorry, having razor wire around your bicep is played out and stupid.

Get this, my GIFTED (!) teacher had a HUGE tramp stamp...ugh...were not sure, but we think it may have been something akin to the Bacardi Bat...flying from its bat cave?

BobG said:
Always be careful how you answer that question. With my mom, it was "If all your friends jumped off a cliff, would you?"

Years later, I found myself at the end of a line of crazy military policemen, all jumping off a thirty foot cliff, one after the other, into the river at the end of a rafting trip thinking, "Damn! Where was Regis and where was my lifeline when she asked that question?!"

I got a mental image of lemmings reading this...:wink: :biggrin:

Oh wow, that's not too good to see that on a teacher, they are the one you would so expect to be totally against them. LOL

lisab said:
Jimmy, I can relate. My 15-1/2 year old daughter has decided that "high school sucks" and has gone from and honor student in AP classes to, well, barely passing her easiest class. Sigh. So much for getting into a good college straight out of high school!

It's tough watching your kids make decisions that you *know* they'll later regret. But, I made quite a few of those myself at that age, and managed to do OK!

Hey, I can vouch for you daughter. This year has been hella hard for me, even with great teachers and lots of new, great friends. Been in the dumps for a good part of the year.

She's skanky as hell, I swear...

My future tattoo, half of John Lennon's face, and half of Kurt Cobain's face. (Two of my greatest hero's)

HAHA oh wow, and what made your school want to hire a chick like that?

Oh my, will the 2 blend pretty good then when merged?

Prolly because her husband is the wrestling coach...

I hope the two faces will, I think I'll have to base the Lennon one off of a pic with him without glasses on...

Ahhh, that explains that...

That will be pretty sweet when you get it, but I think you might be a lil too young for now..lol

...couldnt you just pay an artist to draw that up for you and frame it? :rolleyes:

Nah, I'd like it on my shoulder better. Maybe I'll just get both faces and put them on each shoulder, or upper arm...

Cyrus said:
...couldnt you just pay an artist to draw that up for you and frame it? :rolleyes:

Cyrus is right. Faces are tricky; get the artist to do it on paper first. Look at it several times a day - see how it changes as you look at it several times a day. You have to LOVE it to get it permanently on your skin.

Plus, you wouldn't want to discover three months after you get it that when you look at it like *that*, it looks like a monkey eating a daisy (or something more strange).

Well yeah, I'm not going to some sh!t hole tattoo parlor. I'm thinking a very well known one, perhaps the one from LA or Miami Ink...

Faces can be very tricky, because as you and your skin ages, the faces might form to somthing unexpected...

Oh I like to watch Miami Ink, good show :)

mcknia07 said:
Oh wow, that's not too good to see that on a teacher, they are the one you would so expect to be totally against them. LOL

Considering that new teachers are now in the generation where such tattoos have become popular, it's really not that surprising. Though, I'm wondering more about why the students have seen a tattoo on her lower back...surely attire that exposes the lower back/midriff isn't professional attire for a teacher. Unless they've run into her at the local pool in the summer or something, there's no reason for students to know if there are tattoos on her back or not.

lisab said:
Look at it several times a day - see how it changes as you look at it several times a day. You have to LOVE it to get it permanently on your skin.

That's the one thing that's kept me from getting a tattoo so far. I haven't come across anything that I feel I could live with the rest of my life and not possibly regret later on.

With most of the older gentlemen I know that have tattoos (55+), I more often than not hear from them something to the extent of, "It was something I did when I was young and stupid". When I ask them why they got it or what it means (which IMO is the primary factor for getting one in the first place), it seem as though most don't even want to talk about it or is seems they feel uncomfortable if they do.

Before I get one I have to know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I won't regret it later. If anything, I might get the family crest on my shoulder. Even that I'm not 100% confident about.

I've thought about getting some tattoos. I've drawn up some designs but decided I wanted to redraw them and make them look better. Unfortunately I haven't done much drawing in years now.

Moonbear said:
Considering that new teachers are now in the generation where such tattoos have become popular, it's really not that surprising. Though, I'm wondering more about why the students have seen a tattoo on her lower back...surely attire that exposes the lower back/midriff isn't professional attire for a teacher. Unless they've run into her at the local pool in the summer or something, there's no reason for students to know if there are tattoos on her back or not.

The back of her shirt could have lifted up while she was bending over for something or sitting down. Though certainly in most professional atmospheres it's necessary to wear clothes that will cover tattoos at all times no matter what that seems to be changing, at least around here. I see people with all sorts of tattoos and piercings while working in all sorts of places.

Yeah, she wears lowcut jeans, that's why we saw it. Bloody disgusting too.