Tell me about integral equations

• Thread starter ssky
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integral
In summary, there are a few books that contain information about the historical background of integral equations, such as Arfken & Weber and other books on the topic. These can be found at your local library or through online retailers.
ssky
please tell me about integral equations

please tell me the name of websites from where i can get information(historical background ) about integral equations in mathematical physics in detail.bcoz i have to research on this topic for my thesis work.more web sites has only typical information not in detail . i want detailed information.pleasezzzz help me if anyone knows about it.:cry:

Physics news on Phys.org

Arfken & Weber has an extensive section on integral equations. They probably have a copy or two at your library, or you might find a professor to loan you one.

Thanks a lot my dear for this information .But i hope that you may give me a names of some books which contain informations about the historical background of the integral equations. I hope that you answer me as soon as you can.
Thanks once again.

please help me i need (historical background ) about integral equations

please ... please... please... please tell me

Did you have a look into Arfken & Weber and see if it satisfies your needs?

actually, I do not know Arfken & Weber !
so, how can I find them?

I have that books, but what I need it is the historical background or the begainning of integral equations.

What is an integral equation?

An integral equation is a mathematical equation in which an unknown function appears under an integral sign. The unknown function is typically defined as the solution to the equation, and the integral represents the cumulative effect of the function over a certain range of values.

What are the applications of integral equations?

Integral equations have a wide range of applications in various fields such as physics, engineering, and economics. They are commonly used to model and analyze systems that have a cumulative effect, such as heat transfer, diffusion, and electrical circuits. They are also used in image processing, signal processing, and control systems.

What is the difference between a differential equation and an integral equation?

A differential equation involves derivatives of a function, while an integral equation involves the function itself. In other words, a differential equation describes how a function changes, whereas an integral equation describes the cumulative effect of the function. Additionally, the solutions to differential equations are typically functions, while the solutions to integral equations are often numbers.

What are the types of integral equations?

There are two main types of integral equations: Fredholm equations and Volterra equations. Fredholm equations have a fixed integration limit and are used to solve problems involving steady-state systems, while Volterra equations have variable integration limits and are used to solve time-dependent problems.

How are integral equations solved?

Integral equations can be solved analytically using various techniques such as separation of variables, Laplace transforms, and Green's functions. They can also be solved numerically using methods such as the finite element method and the boundary element method.