Test Your Mind: Read Colors Fast!

• Thread starter moonrocks
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mind
In summary: I have to make sure I'm looking at the right part of the page.)In summary, the colors are red, blue, black, yellow, orange, and green.
moonrocks
try this.

directions-try to read aloud these colors in which these words are printed, rather than the words themselves-and read them fast :biggrin: :

red
blue
black
yellow
red
green
orange
blue
pink

How'd you do? :-p

Physics news on Phys.org
wow!

When I first read what you wrote I thought it would be easy to say the colour and not the word, but it isn't tso much.

It's quite hard: specially when I've had the inverse (example: blue colour green writen-greene colour blue written).

i thought so too :smile: !

Most people stumble quickly, as they confuse the color of the print with the meaning of the word. This exercise underscores the intricate interaction between perception and interpretation. :rolleyes:

that's one fun.
it is easy if your mother toung is not english and you read the colour in your mother language.

true, true

You probably won't believe it, but lady did this illusion at my school and a 4 year old girl
was in the class. She stood up and did it perfect!
Want to know why? It was b/c she could't read!

Funny, I read all of them the first time and though that was not hard, but then I realized I read the directions wrong and had to say what the colour of the type was and found it very difficult to do.

Just look at the last letter when you read them. It simplifies things greatly.

Rahmuss said:
Just look at the last letter when you read them. It simplifies things greatly.

yeah your theory really explains it in a different way. :smile:

The reason this is so difficult is because the act of reading happens so automatically, it is almost impossible to turn it off.

yeah awesome research!

Did it boggle your mind :confused:

i don't know, i found it ridiculously easy to do. anyone else on my side of the table?

Interesting. I had the most difficulty with the longer words. I tried to make a conscious effort not to read the words but the longer ones stand out before I even get to them.

I stumbled on the pink one that reads black because the pink color is light and right below it is the word yellow in strong black letters. It's confusing just to explain them as different things.

Yes, I had some difficulty answering them quickly.

I didn't have all that much difficulty. *shrug*

T@P said:
i don't know, i found it ridiculously easy to do. anyone else on my side of the table?
I've never had a problem with this(maybe a few on the 1,000 times I tried it before :rolleyes: )

I second T@P on this.

maybe its because i have a tendency to miss the obvious? idk

wow that's great!

Woo, matthyaouw is a fellow b3tan!

And proud of it :D

I'm color blind so I can't tell if some of them are brown, green, or red right away :*(

Related to Test Your Mind: Read Colors Fast!

1. What is "Test Your Mind: Read Colors Fast!"?

"Test Your Mind: Read Colors Fast!" is a cognitive test that measures an individual's ability to quickly identify and name colors. It is designed to assess attention, processing speed, and response inhibition.

2. How does "Test Your Mind: Read Colors Fast!" work?

The test presents a series of words written in colored ink. The individual is asked to name the color of the ink, rather than the actual word. The test measures the time it takes to correctly identify the color of each word, as well as the number of errors made.

3. What is the purpose of "Test Your Mind: Read Colors Fast!"?

The purpose of this test is to assess cognitive function and provide information about an individual's attention, processing speed, and response inhibition abilities. It can be used for research purposes or as a tool for screening for cognitive impairments.

4. How long does the test take to complete?

The test typically takes 2-3 minutes to complete, depending on the individual's speed and accuracy in identifying the colors.

5. Is "Test Your Mind: Read Colors Fast!" a reliable measure of cognitive function?

Yes, "Test Your Mind: Read Colors Fast!" has been validated as a reliable measure of cognitive function. It has been used in numerous studies and has shown consistent results in assessing attention, processing speed, and response inhibition.