The best intelligence agency in the world?

the best intelligence agency in the world??

WHich intelligence agency do you think is the best in the world? And why?

Mossad ( Israel )
CIA ( U.S )
MI6 ( British )
KGB KSB ( Russia )

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I could tell you, but if you asked me to substantiate my assertion, I'd have to kill you...and ummm, everyone else on the forum, err...I mean, the internet!

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If they were doing their job well, we wouldn't know about it, would we?

Evo

Mentor
If they were doing their job well, we wouldn't know about it, would we?
and if we did, we wouldnt live long to tell about.

NSA obviously since you didn't even think to put them on your list. They do a damn good job staying out of the media. I don't even want to know what the NSA is capable of, it would be way too frightening.

Get this, the NSA's budget for electricity alone is $31 million dollars making it the 2nd largest consumer of electricity in MD. It also employs the most mathematicians and also has the most supercomputers in the world. Its existence was not even acknowleged by the US govt. for years.

Last edited:

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
NSA obviously since you didn't even think to put them on your list. They do a damn good job staying out of the media. I don't even want to know what the NSA is capable of, it would be way too frightening.

Get this, the NSA's budget for electricity alone is $31 million dollars making it the 2nd largest consumer of electricity in MD. It also employs the most mathematicians and also has the most supercomputers in the world. Its existence was not even acknowleged by the US govt. for years.
Yeah, I bet they have LOTS of Super-Secret Secret Squirrels! :biggrin:

(waits to see who's old enough to get the reference)

ALRIGHT THIS HAS BEEN DRIVING ME INSANE EVER SINCE I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER AT PF. WHAT ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH IS YOUR AVATAR MB? To me It looks like a kitten holding a sniper rifle. Is that what it is a pic of? this has been driving me insane for years now cause I can never quite make out exactly what it is.

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Yeah, I bet they have LOTS of Super-Secret Secret Squirrels! :biggrin:

(waits to see who's old enough to get the reference)
(does a bit of research)

Aha, I was right. I knew about him before "super-secret" was part of the title. :wink:

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Yes, it is a kitten with a sniper rifle, but that doesn't matter right now. What should be bothering you is WHY the kitten has the sniper rifle.

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
He shouldn't be wondering why the kitten has a sniper rifle.

He should be wondering who it's pointed at.

Heh. Heh. Heh.

a stargate. but you didnt hear it from me.

Rach3

There you go grave new world, a bigger version:
http://files.myopera.com/Fengjinlong/albums/58943/sniper-kitten.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

arildno

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Nor have anyone yet mentioned Forsvarets Etterretningstjeneste..

Evo

Mentor

berkeman

Mentor
He shouldn't be wondering why the kitten has a sniper rifle.

He should be wondering who it's pointed at.

Heh. Heh. Heh.
Not who, what. If I remember correctly, it had to do with bluejays in the family apple orchard. Or something like that.

Last edited:

berkeman

Mentor
WHich intelligence agency do you think is the best in the world? And why?

Mossad ( Israel )
CIA ( U.S )
MI6 ( British )
KGB KSB ( Russia )
That's easy. The Campus (US). They uplink from all those agencies and more.

arildno

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
That's because no one can pronounce it. :grumpy:
Okay, that one was a bit difficult, I grant you. Here's one that is much simpler:

Politiets Overvåkningstjeneste

Evo

Mentor
Okay, that one was a bit difficult, I grant you. Here's one that is much simpler:

Politiets Overvåkningstjeneste
:bugeye: Darn Norweeds. :grumpy:

arildno

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
How about SÄPO, then? That's a Swedish agency..

Evo

Mentor

turbo

Gold Member

In the '80s I worked for a company in MD with lots of ex-Navy personnel in very high positions. When I asked one of my co-workers what her husband did for a living, she said "numerical cryptology" and not a word more, nor did I bother (or need) to inquire further. :uhh:

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
(does a bit of research)

Aha, I was right. I knew about him before "super-secret" was part of the title. :wink:
:biggrin: Yep, he was just a Secret Squirrel, but then got a promotion to Super-Secret Secret Squirrel near the end of his career. :approve:

My sniper kitty used to just be hunting mice, but it seems Berkeman has caught him taking shots at the bluejays lately, and once in a while he gets a few good shots in on crackpots. :devil:

M2GH2

Re: the best intelligence agency in the world??

For the record...
NSA merely provides "support" for CIA and other allied agencies.
Simply put, they crack codes which assist in various clandestine operations.
No real match for Mossad, CIA, SVR etc. in terms of absolute intelligence capabilities.