Am I Moving On or Just Stuck in My EX's Shadow?

• Thread starter Gale
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Love
In summary, Gale is trying to move on from her broken relationship. She's feeling lost and lonely and thinks that dating more will help her feel better. However, she's worried that her boyfriend might not be a good match for her because she's still talking to her ex and thinking about him a lot.
Gale17 said:
hrmm fellas... I'm used to the long distance thing and all.. but it would help if the guy was at least in the same country eh?

Well that's Danger out then! :tongue2:

Gale04 said:
or is that the convienient thing about it... you don't actually have to be around me... "sorry babe... this ocean thing... you know... "

Rats. She's smarter than she looks...

Physics news on Phys.org
brewnog said:
Well that's Danger out then! :tongue2:

Rats. She's smarter than she looks...

hrm... so i don't look smart eh? maybe that pillow is giving the wrong impression... that's it, pillows got to go!

Gale17 said:
hrm... so i don't look smart eh? maybe that pillow is giving the wrong impression... that's it, pillows got to go!

Hmm, I think the pillow actually helps your cause...

Pillowhead said:
Keep the pillow. Get rid of blind Brewnog if he can't see how smart you look.

zoobyshoe said:
Keep the pillow. Get rid of blind Brewnog if he can't see how smart you look.
oh yes, I'm sure i look like a real eistein with a pillow on my head and my lips snarled like a pirate.

Sides... i don't think I'm in a position to just toss out suitors... at least he meets my age requirements...

Gale17 said:
oh yes, I'm sure i look like a real eistein with a pillow on my head and my lips snarled like a pirate.
A pillow would be a good look for Einstein.
Sides... i don't think I'm in a position to just toss out suitors... at least he meets my age requirements...
Which is important, but don't forget I have a lot of money tied up in those bumperstickers.

zoobyshoe said:
Which is important, but don't forget I have a lot of money tied up in those bumperstickers.

Which reminds me. Zooby, you fancy lending me a couple of grand?

zoobyshoe said:
A pillow would be a good look for Einstein.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OOOH WOW! alright folks... there's the first attempt to actually BUY me! hahahaaha!

hmm... so how much you got zoob? I'm suddenly feeling more open to older men...

Gale17 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OOOH WOW! alright folks... there's the first attempt to actually BUY me! hahahaaha!

hmm... so how much you got zoob? I'm suddenly feeling more open to older men...

Sounds like an auction to me...

If everyone bids in the currency of their choice, it should make things interesting (especially if they're out of use).

I'll start the bidding with 3,200 Italian Lire.

Danger said:
Are you kidding? She'd scare the hell out of a nice guy. She needs somebody like us. :biggrin:
She needs a nice guy who can withstand a Gale force. :biggrin:

I am sorry to hear about your woes.

Evo said:
You're in mourning over your relationship. Sounds like your ex and his family were a big part of your life and now that's gone. There would be something wrong with you if you weren't going through this kind of emotional and physical readjustment.
Evo hit the nail on the head. You had a very close relationship, especially if you were engaged, with a lot of emotional investment. That is not easy to get over.

Hang in there. :cool:

Last edited:
brewnog said:
Aww. I thought you'd have got that one too, uncle.

45 miles to the galleon.
Rats! :grumpy: It must be my Spanish blood. I can't think of pirates as being other than French or English.

Gale17 said:
Oh, dear, Gale, you misunderstood. When I said the money is tied up in bumperstickers I mean I gave all my money to the printer for the bumperstickers. If you abandon Pillowhead who will buy the bumperstickers?

brewnog said:
Which reminds me. Zooby, you fancy lending me a couple of grand?
Couple thousand Pillowhead bumperstickers?

zoobyshoe said:
Oh, dear, Gale, you misunderstood. When I said the money is tied up in bumperstickers I mean I gave all my money to the printer for the bumperstickers. If you abandon Pillowhead who will buy the bumperstickers?
DRAT :grumpy: so much for feeling loved... though hey, i got one bid eh? someone wants to buy me! 3,200 italian lire? hmm... what's that exchange to?

Gale17 said:
DRAT :grumpy: so much for feeling loved... though hey, i got one bid eh? someone wants to buy me! 3,200 italian lire? hmm... what's that exchange to?
More importantly, how many pillows can one buy with 3,200 lire?

eek! that's only around $2.24

hypatia said:
eek! that's only around $2.24

HAHAHAHA OOOH WOW! Guess how my self esteem is doing...

That won't even buy a pillowcase!

Math Is Hard said:
That won't even buy a pillowcase!
Good grief! I go away for a couple of hours and come back to this? I can can actually come up with enough to outbid Brewnog, and since Zooby has convinced her that we old folks are okay, the only obstacle now is the nation of residence thing. Our immigration policy is lax enough that even she can probably get in. :biggrin:

Danger said:
...and since Zooby has convinced her that we old folks are okay...
Nope. Don't pin that on me. She hallucinated dollar signs and convinced herself.

zoobyshoe said:
She hallucinated dollar signs and convinced herself.
Close enough. :devil:

Danger said:
Good grief! I go away for a couple of hours and come back to this? I can can actually come up with enough to outbid Brewnog, and since Zooby has convinced her that we old folks are okay, the only obstacle now is the nation of residence thing. Our immigration policy is lax enough that even she can probably get in. :biggrin:

AYE! dear god... someone please... PLEASE don't let danger win the bid! C'mon guys! or gals! i won't be picky! just not danger... c'mon... oh PLEASE! UGH!

Gale, I'm just finally getting around to reading this thread, and since it's already 3 pages long, I'm just skimming after your first post.

Anyway, getting over an ex is tough. Most people I've known just need to cut off contact for a while to be able to move on. It can be really difficult to find the will power to do that, especially when it's not just the guy you're missing, but the security of a close-knit family.

As for the guy you're dating now, as long as you've told him you're not ready for a relationship, then it's his choice to stay or go. Dating is good, especially at your age, and even if he's just the rebound guy. Yeah, you know the saying, if you fall off the horse, you have to get right back on it. And, hey, it's summertime now, and you'll be chased off to find a summer job, so who knows, maybe you'll get a little summer romance going with a coworker on that job.

Gale17 said:
AYE! dear god... someone please... PLEASE don't let danger win the bid! C'mon guys! or gals! i won't be picky! just not danger... c'mon... oh PLEASE! UGH!
Don't worry. "Gale17" is a copyrite protected subsidiary of "Got Pillowhead, Inc." No one can buy "Gale17" without written permission from Me, Pillowhead, and all Pillowhead-like Personages (Cat Head, for instance).

Gale17 said:
Would it help if I shave?