The Fast Food Appreciation Thread.

Main Question or Discussion Point

Discuss your latest adventures in fast food. Me? Last night I had FOUR sandwhiches in one sitting from McDonalds. It was awesome.

Answers and Replies

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Funny you would ask. Every once in a while I treat myself to a Carl's Jr. Guacamole Bacon Six Dollar Burger - a truly incredible burger! The other night, out of curiosity, I googled for the "nutrition" facts.

Calories (%DV based on daily intake of 2,000 kcal) 1,130 kcal 56.5%
Calories from Fat 750 kcal 416.7%
Kilojoules 4,727.9 kj
Pts (by CL, not official Weight Watchers POINTS©; italics if no fiber) 29
Total Fat (DRI 65 g) 83 g 127.7%
Saturated Fat (DRI 20 g) 29 g 145%
Trans Fat NA
Cholesterol (DRI 300 mg) 159 mg 53%
Sodium (DRI 2,400 mg) 2,030 mg 84.6%
Total Carbohydrate (DRI 300 g) 54 g 18%
Dietary Fiber (DRI 25 g) 6 g 24%
Sugars (WHO recommended maximum daily intake 50 g) 11 g 22%
Net Carbs (italics if sugar alcohol content unknown) 48 g
Protein (DRI 50 g) 44 g
http://calorielab.com/restaurants/carls-jr/the-guacamole-bacon-six-dollar-burger/32/3436

No surprise; a heart attack on a plate. But jeez, 416% of your total caloric intake for fat?!?! THAT is nuts. They should charge an extra buck and include points towards a life insurance policy with each burger.

Last edited:
When you are young ...

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
We have a place called Flame Broiler that has amazing chicken and veggie bowls.

http://www.flamebroilerusa.com/menu.html [Broken]

All the hot sauce you want, too. :!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo
Mentor

That looks good and healthy!.

Here are two of my favorites.

Hardees Frisco burger and Jimmy Johns Italian Nightclub

Attachments

I could eat burgers from Five Guys twice a day, seven days a week, and be happy.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

You know what I reeeeeally miss about S. Cal - El Pollo Loco! They make the best flame-grilled chicken I've ever had.
http://www.elpolloloco.com/

I saw [actually, heard a radio ad] that one opened in Oregon recently. YAY!!!

Both Jimmy Johns and Sonic have opened near me, but I have not tried either. Does Einstein bagels count as fast food? A Asiago Cheese bagel with some salsa cream cheese = yummy!

I can cook a proper meal faster than I can go get something from a fast food joint. Still, there is a McDonald's within walking distance from me. I go once in a blue moon - sometimes you just really want grease and salt. My rule is no upsizing and no more than one dessert (those pies always come in pairs but I always ask just for one even though it's a waste of money). I find that the food from there always makes me crave more food, though (and this is supported by science!).

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I "think" old people are, infact, no longer enjoy hamburgers, you guys just joke for fun right ?
Define "old". :grumpy:

I'm still a sucker for Wendy's Spicy Chicken and a Frosty!

I like hamburgers. I don't like McDonald's hamburgers, though. They taste like cardboard. I need something like, say, a Whopper. It absolutely MUST have onions.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I think over 60
Okay, I won't ban you. :biggrin:

But how about if we make it 70. I would feel much better if we did.

I'm still a sucker for Wendy's Spicy Chicken and a Frosty!
Question is, are you a dipper?

edit: by "dipper" I mean someone who dips the fries into the Frosty.

Last edited:
You know I realize the mistake I made Saturday; I had 2 McChickens, a McDouble and a Filet O'Fish. I should've substitued one of the McChickens for a McRib and then I would've eaten 4 types of meat in one meal.

IMP
So many fast food restaurants have changed their frying oil to that "non-trans-fat" oil, it literally makes me sick. Even the smell of it makes me sick. I really miss so many places I can no longer visit.
I like Taco Cabana for my fast food fix now.

I'm stuck on Arby's chicken tenders. That's the only chicken I can find that isn't 90% gristle.

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Arby's roast beef with their "Arby's" sauce. A big one.

Wow, now you have me thinking on some Arby's, but I'm more of a horsey sauce kind of gal.

The only fast food I appreciate is the kind that moves through my body fast.

I usually go to Del Taco. It always strikes me as odd that there are people who actually prefer Taco Bell. I also sometimes go to Chipotle. Unfortunately the taqueria I used to go to moved and I have not found a new one to go to.

Then there is the Philly Grill which is pretty good. And the fast food Thai place near by. I some times do chinese fast food but it isn't really very good, just something different. Oh and L&L Hawaii! I love Kalua pork and spam musubi.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The only fast food I appreciate is the kind that moves through my body fast.
That's pretty much every kind :yuck:.

The history of fast food is as follows. Primitive humans were hunters. He or she would spend long hours in the field searching for animals to catch, kill, and bring home to be cooked by his or her wife. It was difficult and exhausting work. Once in a while though, there would be an easy catch. A rabbit that wasn't as as swift of foot as they usually are. An elephant that was slow and lumbering. These animals might be easy to catch, but their flesh was suspect. You had to ask yourself, why was it so easy to catch, was it lame, was it sick? Thus the taste for fast food developed. Today, we go hunting for prey in the supermarket and the plastic wrap holds it steady so we can aim for it with ease. But old habits never die and once in a while, in the throws of recidivism, the blood thirsty primitive man or woman within you rises up and demands a taco, southern fried chicken, or quarter pounder with cheese hold the onions, fries and a shake.

Taco Bell's 32% real meat crunch taco aint too shabby!

Evo
Mentor
The history of fast food is as follows. Primitive humans were hunters. He or she would spend long hours in the field searching for animals to catch, kill, and bring home to be cooked by his or her wife. It was difficult and exhausting work. Once in a while though, there would be an easy catch. A rabbit that wasn't as as swift of foot as they usually are. An elephant that was slow and lumbering. These animals might be easy to catch, but their flesh was suspect. You had to ask yourself, why was it so easy to catch, was it lame, was it sick? Thus the taste for fast food developed. Today, we go hunting for prey in the supermarket and the plastic wrap holds it steady so we can aim for it with ease. But old habits never die and once in a while, in the throws of recidivism, the blood thirsty primitive man or woman within you rises up and demands a taco, southern fried chicken, or quarter pounder with cheese hold the onions, fries and a shake.
:tongue2: