The Fourth Reich: Media's Betrayal & the Nature of Power

• Thread starter Zygotic Embryo
  • Start date
In summary: D The German people did not stand up to Hitler because their media betrayed them, just as the American media is betraying the American people by willingly, voluntarily, even proudly, abandoning its traditional role as watchdog against government abuse. The lesson from these facts is that it isn't easy to spot a genocidal tyrant when you live with one, especially one whom the press supports and promotes.
Zygotic Embryo
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/bush_time.jpg

As I mentioned above, Hitler was TIME Magazine's Man Of The Year in 1938. Stalin was TIME Magazine's Man Of The Year for 1939 and 1942. Both of these men, and many others also celibrated by the media, were unimaginable monsters. The lesson from these facts is that it isn't easy to spot a genocidal tyrant when you live with one, especially one whom the press supports and promotes.
Tyrants become obvious only when looking back, after what they have done becomes known. The German people did not stand up to Hitler because their media betrayed them, just as the American media is betraying the American people by willingly, voluntarily, even proudly, abandoning its traditional role as watchdog against government abuse.

It is the very nature of power that it attracts the sort of people who should not have it. The United States, as the world's last superpower, is a prize that attracts men and women willing to do absolutely anything to win that power, and hence are also willing to do absolutely anything with that power once they have it. If one thinks about it long enough, one will realize that all tyrants, past and most especially present, MUST use deception on their population to initiate a war.

Article.
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/reich.html

I support bush, and all. But hearing diffrent people's opinion really broadens your horizon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It's good to be open-minded, but not so open-minded that your brain falls out.

From the site:
American people... never question why Afghanistan would have done something so stupid as to attack the United States, and as a result, Americans find themselves in a war.

Afghanistan didn't attack the US.

Now the US Government has requested temporary extraordinary powers, powers specifically banned under Constitutional law,

No it hasn't. The laws that have been written are not "specifically banned under Constitutional law". I don't agree with all of the Patriot Act... but they're not banned.

Talismans are added from orthodox religions and the occult to fill the soldiers with delusions of mystical strengths and an afterlife if they fall in battle.

say what?

I think I'm going to move this thread to S&D

Wow, I don't think I've ever been able to invoke Godwin's law on an original post before!

Oh, I just learned a new term for this:   argumentum ad nazium.

ahahaha i just looked up wikipedia because i didnt know what that is and that's the most hilarious thing I've ever heard of in my life.

Zygotic Embryo said:
As I mentioned above, Hitler was TIME Magazine's Man Of The Year in 1938. Stalin was TIME Magazine's Man Of The Year for 1939 and 1942. Both of these men, and many others also celibrated by the media, were unimaginable monsters.
Just fyi, Time's "man of the year" award isn't a popularity contest or about positive contributions, its about most contributions, positive or negative. Both of those men most certainly had the largest impact on the events of the years they were "awarded" it.

But anyway...
argumentum ad nazium
Outstanding.

Related to The Fourth Reich: Media's Betrayal & the Nature of Power

1. What is the Fourth Reich?

The term "Fourth Reich" refers to the hypothetical rebirth of a Nazi-like regime in modern times. It is often used to describe a far-right or authoritarian government that uses propaganda, censorship, and other tactics to maintain power and control over its citizens.

2. How does the media play a role in the Fourth Reich?

In the context of this topic, the media is seen as a powerful tool that can be used to manipulate public opinion and maintain control over the masses. The Fourth Reich relies heavily on propaganda and censorship, which are often spread through media outlets, to shape the narrative and suppress dissenting voices.

3. What is the nature of power in the Fourth Reich?

The Fourth Reich is characterized by an authoritarian and hierarchical structure, where power is concentrated in the hands of a few individuals or a single leader. This power is often maintained through fear, propaganda, and manipulation of the media to create a cult-like following.

4. Is the Fourth Reich a real threat?

While the Fourth Reich may seem like a far-fetched concept, the rise of authoritarian leaders and movements around the world is a cause for concern. The potential for a regime that uses media manipulation and propaganda to maintain power and control over its citizens is a real threat that should not be underestimated.

5. How can we prevent the rise of the Fourth Reich?

Preventing the rise of a Fourth Reich requires vigilance and active resistance against authoritarianism and propaganda. This can include supporting independent and unbiased media, promoting critical thinking and media literacy, and speaking out against oppressive regimes and systems of power.