The least constant acceleration

In summary, to calculate the least constant acceleration required for a large plane to take off, the kinematic equation v^2 = u^2 +2as can be used. The plane needs to reach a speed of 360 km/h on a runway that is 1.8 km long. By dividing the speed by the distance, a constant acceleration of 200 km/h is obtained. This can be calculated by rearranging the equation for acceleration, a. The time it takes to reach this speed can also be calculated using this equation.
physics newb
OK, here's the problem:
A large plane needs to get to a speed of 360 km/h on it's runway in order to take off. The runway is 1.8 km long. What would be the least constant acceleration required to take off?

Physics just started, I need shock paddles to get me going again

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Please show your own work. You must at least have some idea as to what equations to use?

Would it have to have a constant acceleration of 200 km/h to reach it's top speed by the end of the runway, or am I missing something? :cry:

Last edited:
Well, I divided 360 km/h by the distance, 1.8 km, and got 200. Is that the least constant acceleration needed to take off? I'm very confused.

So I think the next thing I need to do is figure out the time it takes to reach that speed along that distance. So what was this 200 I was getting? 200 km/h?

I have the speed, I have the distance, how do I find the time it took to do this, or am I going off course?

try

[tex] v^2 = u^2 +2as [/tex]

and rearrange for acceleration, a.

1. What is "the least constant acceleration"?

The least constant acceleration refers to a situation in which an object's acceleration is constantly changing but at a very slow rate. This means that the object's velocity is changing at a very gradual pace.

2. How is "the least constant acceleration" different from constant acceleration?

The main difference between "the least constant acceleration" and constant acceleration is the rate of change. While constant acceleration has a steady and consistent rate of change, "the least constant acceleration" has a much slower and gradual rate of change.

3. What are some real-world examples of "the least constant acceleration"?

Some real-world examples of "the least constant acceleration" include the motion of a pendulum, the motion of a car on a road with varying slopes, and the motion of a roller coaster as it goes up and down a track.

4. How is "the least constant acceleration" calculated?

"The least constant acceleration" can be calculated by finding the average acceleration over a given time interval. This is done by dividing the change in velocity by the change in time.

5. What are the practical applications of understanding "the least constant acceleration"?

Understanding "the least constant acceleration" is important in many fields of science and engineering, such as physics, mechanics, and aerospace. It can also help in designing and optimizing systems that involve gradual changes in motion, such as elevators and escalators.