The most knowledgeable person on Earth

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Earth
In summary: In summary, Kim Peek was an autistic savant who could remember vast amounts of information from books.
Loren Booda
Who do you think is the world's greatest polymath (a person whose expertise spans a significant number of different subject areas)?

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
World's greatest, I don't know. But in the top, Murray Gell-Mann.

Sheldon Cooper. You never said he had to be a real character x)

Saul Kripke http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saul_Kripke"

Last edited by a moderator:
PAllen said:
World's greatest, I don't know. But in the top, Murray Gell-Mann.

I am inclined to think this too. I had trouble reading: "The Quark and the Jaguar", on top of all of his knowledge is that he is a linguist, his writing I found difficult. I put the book away a couple of times before finishing it, but I did finish. His deep knowledge of so many areas of physics, history, etc, etc... borders on the unbelieveable. He is one of the few authors I have read that actually made my head hurt.

Rhody...

P.S. Feynman has been mentioned yet, but personally I find his work amazing and his ability as a teacher to inspire others unsurpassed, even to this day. I wish he were still here with us.

Functor97 said:
Saul Kripke http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saul_Kripke"
He's the guy who discovered that water is H2O.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me!
:approve:

I guess it depends on quality or quantity of knowledge, but it is worth mentioning Kim Peek (I guess he died two years ago though). I saw a documentary on the science channel some time ago that credited him as probably the most knowledgeable person.

"According to an article in the Times newspaper, he could recall the content of at least 12,000 books from memory" I wonder if he had a true understanding of what he read or whether it was just pure memory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Peek

What is considered the most knowledgeable person on Earth?

The most knowledgeable person on Earth is subjective and cannot be definitively determined. However, some may consider individuals with advanced degrees, extensive research and publications, and a broad understanding of various fields to be highly knowledgeable.

How does one become the most knowledgeable person on Earth?

Becoming the most knowledgeable person on Earth is a continuous and ongoing process. It requires a dedication to learning, researching, and understanding various subjects. It also involves being open-minded, curious, and always seeking new knowledge.

Can anyone become the most knowledgeable person on Earth?

Yes, anyone has the potential to become highly knowledgeable. It requires a passion for learning, hard work, and a willingness to continuously expand one's knowledge and understanding.

Is it possible to know everything and be the most knowledgeable person on Earth?

No, it is not possible for one person to know everything. With the vast amount of information and fields of study in the world, it is impossible for one person to have complete knowledge in all areas.

Who is currently considered the most knowledgeable person on Earth?

As mentioned, the most knowledgeable person on Earth is subjective and cannot be definitively determined. There are many highly knowledgeable individuals in various fields and industries, but it is impossible to determine who holds the title of the most knowledgeable person on Earth.