Welcome to 2007: Your Questions Answered

In summary: I guess?I have been living 3 hours and 4 minutes in 2007. Where are you from?I am now currently 2 hours and fiftytwo minutes in the new year, and realize I haven't washed myself for the entire year. That doesn't sound too bad, does it?
Ivan Seeking said:
Ahhhhhhh. But she looks ready to leap out and pounce on something.

:smile: Yeah, she wasn't too thrilled about being stuffed into the stocking and didn't stay in it long. She looks really pathetic in one of the other photos, and then the last one I have is her halfway out. But she stayed in just long enough to get the cute picture and then got treats to make up for it. :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
MB, do you remember what time bars close in Ohio? I'm about to set up a measurement that I can walk away from for an hour...

I never noticed before, but as she gets older she looks more and more like our beloved Bun I. She was the one who would hold my hand with her paws while we fell asleep at night. :redface:

Gokul43201 said:
MB, do you remember what time bars close in Ohio? I'm about to set up a measurement that I can walk away from for an hour...
Nope, don't remember. Hopefully it was 2 AM so you can go out and get a drink to celebrate the new year! Are you there all night?

Ivan Seeking said:
I never noticed before, but as she gets older she looks more and more like our beloved Bun I. She was the one who would hold my hand with her paws while we fell asleep at night. :redface:

Awww...Ember does that sometimes too. :!) Last night she had to sleep ON me all night. Usually she's content to sleep next to me with just a paw touching me. Though, for a few nights, she wasn't coming to bed until early morning, and I missed her purring next to me as I fell asleep. :shy:

Moonbear said:
Nope, don't remember. Hopefully it was 2 AM so you can go out and get a drink to celebrate the new year!
I'll take a walk and keep my fingers crossed. In any case, the walk can't hurt...

Are you there all night?
Most of it, I expect - will know better in a couple hours.

Gokul43201 said:
I'll take a walk and keep my fingers crossed. In any case, the walk can't hurt...

Enjoy the walk...and hopefully there's a nice beer at the end of it!

Half-a-day into 2007...what was I doing at the "big moment"? Trying to get the internet connection back up and running. Spent about 15 minutes in '06 and '07 trying to get things to work only to realize that the problem was the ISP's side.

Ivan Seeking said:
Ahhhhhhh. But she looks ready to leap out and pounce on something.

She really is a beautiful kitty.

I decided to watch something cheery this evening, so I ran down and rented "An Inconvenient Truth". I also picked up a couple of scifi movies that I've never seen: The Butterfly Effect, and Time Changer. When Tsu is gone I watch all of the bad SciFi that I can.

How is the new TV looking?

Just heard a ton of gun shots, so I suppose we are now in the New Year. My dog is a little scared, as usual.

Cute pictures MB!

OK, its 2:32 am, my ears are ringing, and I have to catch at 9:15 am flight, and I am kinda drunk rigvht now. Have a ahppy neaw year! :biggirn:
Edit: Hahhaha, my spelling sucks right now. Why won't this ringing in my ears stop :cry:

Integral said:
How is the new TV looking?

You would have to ask the folks at Wal Mart.

Same problem.

Moonbear said:
Enjoy the walk...and hopefully there's a nice beer at the end of it!
There was a "little" more than one nice beer there. But the walk wasn't too bad either!

It's 07 now. I think someone around here got a cannon. We often hear gunfire - large rifles and shotguns - but this sucker was big!

Maybe it was the Cannon Law Society sending out smoke signals - http://clsa.org/content/node/222

Last edited by a moderator:
Gokul43201 said:
Maybe it was the Cannon Law Society sending out smoke signals - http://clsa.org/content/node/222

Oh, so I have to stop with my groaners to make room for yours? :smile:

Gokul43201GPA = Gokul43201GPA + 5

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy New Year all!

Physics has finally caught up with my screen name,
where L=lightmatter and D=darkmatter.
I just had to wait about 2 yrs.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Ivan Seeking said:
You would have to ask the folks at Wal Mart.

Same problem.

WHAT! Still a no go! Arggg!

We made a Fry's run Saturday, came back with a 42" Samsung Plasma, it is on the wall and looking good... Well since I left for work less then an hour after I got it hung.. I assume it is looking good.

oh yeah... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy New Year and best wishes to everyone at PF!

Our new year begings 3 months later than yours(with spring) but anyway::cool::-p

Happy new year everyone!

Last edited:
Happy New Years :smile:

Hope your new year will bring happiness, success and all that.

Oh man, three hours of sleep and my ears are STILL ringing. :frown:

Totally worth it.

Integral said:
WHAT! Still a no go! Arggg!

Yep! Now I'm afraid of that model. Clearly they had a production or component problem. It smelled burned when I took it out of the box like the first one did, and it had exactly the same problems.

I decided to wait and pick another one later. We're still waiting for the furniture thingy anyway.

Ivan Seeking said:
Yep! Now I'm afraid of that model. Clearly they had a production or component problem. It smelled burned when I took it out of the box like the first one did, and it had exactly the same problems.

I decided to wait and pick another one later. We're still waiting for the furniture thingy anyway.

Maybe we should drag to Fry's?

A Happy New Year to all you other-time-zone-people! :biggrin:

A very Happy New Years to all.

Integral said:
Maybe we should drag to Fry's?

Maybe, but really the selection was pretty good. This was just the one we liked the best. I want to wait for Tsu to get home before picking out another one. If she doesn't like what I pick I'll never hear the end of it.

Happy New Year to everyone!

Evo said:
OH MY! Dr Transport is glowing GOLD! I don't remeber him glowing before. :approve:

Happy Ney Year DT, to you and yours!
Thanks... as for glowing gold, that came about when I got the 10 votes neede to be the tech guru...figured that since someone respected my meager abilities I'd help fund the site...maybe someday I'll be green.

Last edited:
radou said:
I have been living 3 hours and 4 minutes in 2007. Where are you from?

I'm from norway!

EDIT: and that was my 150'th post! what a milepole

Last edited:
Lisa! said:
Our new year begings 3 months later than yours(with spring) but anyway::cool::-p

Happy new year everyone!

That's okay, we'll let you celebrate ours too. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
That's okay, we'll let you celebrate ours too. :biggrin:

Wow! very nice of you!:smile:

Happy New Year everyone!

Evo said:
Happy New Year everyone!

Happy New Year! Are you feeling any better today?

Moonbear said:
Happy New Year! Are you feeling any better today?
Not much, at least I was able to take a nap this morning.