1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The question of circular motion in future

1. Apr 20, 2012 #1
    i want to know some applications(idear) about circular motion in future.

Is Large Hadron Collider, LHC about circular motion?

PLZ,HELP

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 20, 2012 #2
    First of all, what do you mean by "in the future?"

Second, yes, the LHC uses circular motion, but only because that allows it to let particles spin indefinitely without using up a ridiculous amount of space, I think.

If the LHC is a cyclotron (which I'm pretty sure it is), it uses electric fields to accelerate particles and magnetic fields to keep them moving in a circle. So it uses circular motion, but how it works doesn't really rely on it.

4. Apr 20, 2012 #3

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

A wheel in cars?

Your question is way too general to give a useful answer.

Btw.: Protons in the LHC can travel a distance which is equivalent to the distance sun<->neptune, sometimes even more than that. It would be... tricky to achieve this in a linear accelerator.

5. Apr 20, 2012 #4
    in the future mean that technique, technology, application are researched. we will use it in the future. it only can have a idea about circular motion. it's fine.

6. Apr 20, 2012 #5
    A wheel in cars is present?

technique, technology, future application.
    they may are researched even only have a idea.

I just want to get some points.
    It do not need too much detail.

7. Apr 20, 2012 #6

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

I'm quite sure we will continue to use cars tomorrow - and in the next decades. That is in the future.
    While the LHC will continue to operate tomorrow (unless something goes wrong), it already did so yesterday.

Something new, which is not present today?
    Well, fine. Probably nearly every object with moving parts or electricity which will be built in the future.
    If you consider orbitals of electrons in atoms as "circular motion": Every object made out of atoms. Which is "every object", unless something really surprising happens.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook