Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Sisterhood?

1. Jul 17, 2015 #1
    I've been accepted or invited to be in The Sisterhood where can I find some information on this said Sisterhood? :wink:

Thank you.

Rainbow Rider

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 17, 2015 #2
    @Evo is the matriarch of the group

I hear there is a very intense initiation. Prepare yourself. :smile:

4. Jul 17, 2015 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Hmmm, you have a male avatar. :-p

First question, what shoe size do you wear, this is extremely important, the founding sisters all have the same shoe size.

5. Jul 17, 2015 #4
    I just happen to like Lions....Is all.... and for my shoe size I prolly don't have the same shoe size as the "founding" sisters, so I guess I'v'e just been uninvited or expelled...

6. Jul 17, 2015 #5
    No worries, I've just expelled myself or uninvited myself due to my shoe size not being that of the "founding" sisters...... oh well.....

7. Jul 17, 2015 #6
    You didn't even tell us your size, I have a feeling you are a perfect fit! :smile:

8. Jul 17, 2015 #7

Evo

Yes shoe sizes of the sisters range from 6-9.

9. Jul 17, 2015 #8
    I appreciate the show of confidence Greg but if my shoe size is either going to disqualify or qualify me I don't think I need to be associated with this said Sisterhood.

Thank you though to whom ever initiated the invited.

10. Jul 17, 2015 #9
    that just disqualified me....

11. Jul 17, 2015 #10
    I'm having a hard time reading your tone. I hope you are just having a bit of fun because the group is fictitious. All female members are automatically in the group.

12. Jul 17, 2015 #11
    I
    I don't mean to have a "tone" to my message regarding the Sisterhood. I was simply asking a question regarding it as a new member to PF I had no idea it was a fictitious group now that I know your post explains quite a bit. But my shoe size doe not meet the criteria for being a member of the Sisterhood anyway.... Yes, having fun...

And for the record..... I am 100% female although my avatar is a Lion which is male......Hope I've unconfused everyone.....

13. Jul 17, 2015 #12

Evo

Yes, the shoe size is just for fun, it just turned out that the original 4 sisters all wore a size 8, but your shoe size is not a requirement, we always just asked what your shoe size was. But the sisterhood was just a fun thing a few years ago since there were only a handful of female members here, it doesn't actually exist. Don't worry, you haven't been inducted into any group.

14. Jul 17, 2015 #13
    I think this is another sign I need to update the trophy descriptions :cool:

15. Jul 17, 2015 #14
    Thank you Evo, you ROCK!

16. Jul 17, 2015 #15
    My shoe size is actually a 4.5 or a 5 depending on the style and brand......I have a hard time finding shoes to fit due to the size, either I have to go the the teenage size which is not my style or special order which can be quite costly.... no fun.

17. Jul 17, 2015 #16

Evo

Oh dear, yeah, that's a hard size to shop for. My problem with being a size 8 is that it seems a lot of women are size 8, either that or they don't make enough size 8 because when I find a shoe I like, they are always out of my size. Anyway, welcome to the forum. :oldsmile:

18. Jul 18, 2015 #17

Borek

Do you have a gun though?

nungun.jpg

19. Jul 18, 2015 #18

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What's your favorite fish? :woot:

Everyone gets the fish slap.

20. Jul 18, 2015 #19

wolram

Gold Member

Rai8nbow Rider, you can all ways join the my group we play welly wanging every 3rd Ffriday of the month, and we have a beauty contest the winner gets to luxuriate in a tub of custard.

21. Jul 18, 2015 #20

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No worries, RR, I was given special dispensation to join The Sisterhood despite my large feet :oldbiggrin:. I argued that in the event of a water attack, I'm an excellent swimmer and my feet would serve as flippers.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook