Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The So Called New World Order

1. May 28, 2008 #1
    Some of you may or may not have heard of a group called the Bilderburg who has made headlines in recent years. There is a fairly involved theory revolving around how the founders of the movement to start this group and their subsequent ancestors have been directing world affairs for centuries, highlighted vigorously in the 2007 movie Endgame (along with a hefty helping of insane conspiracy, screaming at cars, and bias).

I personally believe that elites who are doing things that the people want don't meet behind closed doors under tight security and secrecy. I think that the evidence for the more ghastly versions of the conspiracy is shaky at best, but I feel as though the puzzle pieces are in no way being forced together, and that there may be something there.
    Last edited: May 28, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2008 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In my experience, many young people today believe that the world around us is controlled by (usually rich) people lurking in the shadows.

I think they believe that because the alternative is so truly frightening - and empowering: that no one's in control of this world. You have the reins to your life in your own hands.
  4. Jun 2, 2008 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No ? Really ? You can't be serious ! :yuck: :tongue2:

Also, the problem with any theory about a "new world order" is that after a while, it becomes an old world order...
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?