The So Called New World Order

• News
  • Thread starter JohnSimpson
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Some of you may or may not have heard of a group called the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilderburg" [Broken] (along with a hefty helping of insane conspiracy, screaming at cars, and bias).

I personally believe that elites who are doing things that the people want don't meet behind closed doors under tight security and secrecy. I think that the evidence for the more ghastly versions of the conspiracy is shaky at best, but I feel as though the puzzle pieces are in no way being forced together, and that there may be something there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
In my experience, many young people today believe that the world around us is controlled by (usually rich) people lurking in the shadows.

I think they believe that because the alternative is so truly frightening - and empowering: that no one's in control of this world. You have the reins to your life in your own hands.

vanesch
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I think they believe that because the alternative is so truly frightening - and empowering: that no one's in control of this world. You have the reins to your life in your own hands.
No ? Really ? You can't be serious ! :yuck: :tongue2:

Also, the problem with any theory about a "new world order" is that after a while, it becomes an old world order...