The speed at which a proton strikes the positive plate (uniform electric field).

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
_Chemicals_
Messages
5
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Here is the problem given. The answer is E.
ETqvD.png


Homework Equations



No equations are given. Assumed use of standard equations for electric field and force involving electric field.

The Attempt at a Solution


I tried using a few equations (E = F/q0), (F = mv^2), (E=(1/(4piEp0))(q/r^2)), and solving, but no luck. Could someone please give me guidance?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
_Chemicals_ said:

Homework Statement


Here is the problem given. The answer is E.
ETqvD.png


Homework Equations



No equations are given. Assumed use of standard equations for electric field and force involving electric field.

The Attempt at a Solution


I tried using a few equations (E = F/q0), (F = mv^2), (E=(1/(4piEp0))(q/r^2)), and solving, but no luck. Could someone please give me guidance?

If you can determine the force F acting on the charge, and this force acts on the proton over a distance of 7 cm, how much work is done?
 
Alright so I just remembered the simple equation F = qE so now I'm going to attempt what you said. Physics is not my strength however, so I will probably be back.
 
_Chemicals_ said:
Alright so I just remembered the simple equation F = qE so now I'm going to attempt what you said. Physics is not my strength however, so I will probably be back.

No worries, we'll be here!