How the Universe Created Itself: Exploring the Origins of Existence"

• B
  • Thread starter babbane9
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Creation
In summary, according to this forum post, we don't know how the universe created itself from nothing, and there are various models that lead to the current state of the universe, but we don't know for sure whether any of them are correct. Beyond a certain point, we can't study what happens in the extreme conditions of a particle accelerator, so all of our knowledge about these events is based on speculation.
babbane9
hello!
I would like to know: how did the universe create itself from nothing?
I'm a novice in a physics so maybe it's not a good question
thank you
babbane9

Likes Ian Horne
Space news on Phys.org
:welcome:

Hello and welcome to PF!

I moved your question to our Cosmology section, because although there is a lot of quantum mechanics going on at the beginning of our universe, it's actually a cosmological question. But I doubt that there is an easy answer, for nobody knows for sure. As far as I remember - and it might be wrong - our models reach back until ##t= 10^{-20}\, s##, maybe ##t= 10^{-40}\, s##, but not until ##t=0##.

thank you for your answer,
if I understand, there is nobody who know really how it was before the creation of the universe?
And I have an other question, why does our universe is in expansion?

We also don't even know for sure that the universe came from "nothing." There are no successful models that explain what happens before the Big Bang.

We have models which can reasonably explain the condition of the Universe a very short time after the big bang event,
There are various models that would lead to the Universe as we observe it to be now, but they all start with notion that at the earliest times it must have been extremely hot and dense.
So much so that 'matter' as we understand it today could not exist, atoms came quite a while later.
Up to a point we can study what happens at extreme density and temperature by using particle accelerators.
Beyond that point we have no way to reproduce the conditions and test them, so it's all guesswork really.
It widely believed however that there could be physics going on which simply does not occur anywhere in the Universe of the present.

Likes Drakkith

1. How did the Universe come into existence?

Theories suggest that the Universe began with a massive explosion known as the Big Bang, which occurred approximately 13.8 billion years ago. This event marked the beginning of our Universe and is supported by evidence such as the expansion of the Universe and the presence of cosmic microwave background radiation.

2. What existed before the Big Bang?

The concept of "before" the Big Bang is difficult to comprehend as time and space as we know it did not exist before the event. Theories suggest that the Universe was in a state of singularity, a point of infinite density and temperature, before the Big Bang occurred.

3. How did the Universe evolve after the Big Bang?

After the initial expansion from the Big Bang, the Universe continued to expand and cool. As it cooled, particles began to form and eventually combined to create atoms, which later formed galaxies, stars, and planets. The expansion of the Universe is still ongoing, and we continue to learn more about its evolution through scientific observations and research.

4. Is there a purpose or meaning to the Universe's creation?

This question is a matter of personal belief and cannot be definitively answered by science. Some may believe that the creation of the Universe was guided by a higher power or has a specific purpose, while others may see it as a random event without inherent meaning. Science focuses on understanding the physical processes and laws that govern the Universe, rather than its purpose or meaning.

5. Are there other Universes besides our own?

The existence of other Universes, also known as the multiverse theory, is a topic of ongoing research and debate in the scientific community. Some theories suggest that there could be an infinite number of parallel universes, each with its own set of physical laws and properties. However, there is no conclusive evidence for the existence of other Universes at this time.