Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The why thread

1. Jul 19, 2011 #1

wolram

Gold Member

I just started this thread so that some others can enlighten us as to why things go wrong,
    like today i twisted my ankle by just standing up, but that is just an example what do you have that just goes wrong with no apparent reason?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 19, 2011 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I twisted my knee by getting up out of the chair, but it's the knee I put the glass through.

4. Jul 19, 2011 #3

wolram

Gold Member

Do you have a right side or left side preference for injury, mine is mainly right side.

5. Jul 19, 2011 #4

Evo

Mine is right side, usually, but I broke my left arm 4 times.

6. Jul 19, 2011 #5
    I can't help you. Things don't go wrong for me. Just this morning I bent down to put on my sandals and my pencil fell from my shirt pocket. I reached out my hand to catch it before it hit the floor and my little finger caught on my pant's pocket. That bent my finger in a particular way and pain shot up my arm so I straightened up in a reflex action and lost my balance as my knee jerked in a knee-jerk reaction to all this. Now I fell to the floor and as luck would have it, the pencil was resting on my other sandal a pointing up just enough to catch me on the palm of my hand as I landed. My foot shot out and knocked over the coat rack that came crashing down on me and knocked me out. I woke up in the hospital when a cute nurse was washing me down. What's wrong with that?

7. Jul 19, 2011 #6

russ_watters

You people are just clumsy.

8. Jul 19, 2011 #7

wolram

Gold Member

This must put you at the top of (why) me pile, i hope you are okay now.

9. Jul 19, 2011 #8

Evo

:tongue2:

10. Jul 19, 2011 #9

wolram

Gold Member

True but why? What is clumsy.

11. Jul 19, 2011 #10
    It has renewed my faith in the medical profession. First she started at the top and washed down as far as possible. Then she started at the feet and washed up as far as possible. Then she handed me the washcloth and I washed possible.

12. Jul 19, 2011 #11

wolram

Gold Member

:biggrin:

13. Jul 19, 2011 #12

Char. Limit

Gold Member

I have a why question. Why can I never find a matching pair of socks?

14. Jul 19, 2011 #13

wolram

Gold Member

Did she give you a cotton bud. lol

15. Jul 19, 2011 #14

wolram

Gold Member

I gave up that situation some time ago, i buy a 12 pack of all black socks so i can all ways find a pair.

16. Jul 19, 2011 #15
    I always buy the same socks in packs of 6. All of my socks match.

17. Jul 19, 2011 #16
    i think most of the time, it's a lack of neuromuscular vigilance.

18. Jul 19, 2011 #17
    I have a problem with attempting to cut corners and take shortcuts through solid objects and hitting my knees, hips, toes, etc... I'm just in a too much of a damn rush to change the record / get a drink / whatever!

19. Jul 19, 2011 #18

rhody

Gold Member

Evo,

I think Wolram created this thread just for you, and your endless list of injuries.

Rhody...o:)

20. Jul 20, 2011 #19

wolram

Gold Member

Slow down or you will burn out.

21. Jul 20, 2011 #20

Char. Limit

Gold Member

Burn [it] down or you will slow out.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook