This is not A Homework problem, I am just wondering.

In summary, the individual was inspired to become a scientist due to their fascination with the natural world and desire to find answers to unanswered questions. They specialize in molecular biology and genetics and have worked on projects studying the effects of genetic mutations on fruit fly behavior. They believe science can benefit society by improving our understanding of the world and finding solutions to problems. To get involved in scientific research, one can pursue a STEM degree, volunteer at a research lab, or participate in citizen science projects, while also maintaining a curious and questioning mindset.
bmed90
What would the integral of ln|x| be.

Physics news on Phys.org
Applying integration by parts which states

[tex]\int u\frac{dv}{dx}\,dx = uv - \int v \frac{du}{dx}\,dx [/tex]
[tex]u=ln(x)[/tex] and [tex] v=x [/tex] So [tex] \int ln(x)\,dx = xln(x) - \int x\frac{1}{x}\,dx = xln(x)-x+c[/tex]

I wouldn't have thought to use parts. Thanks, I appreciate it

Related to This is not A Homework problem, I am just wondering.

1. What inspired you to become a scientist?

I have always been fascinated by the natural world and the mysteries that surround us. I wanted to understand how things work and find answers to questions that have not yet been answered.

2. What is your area of expertise?

I specialize in molecular biology and genetics. I have a deep understanding of how genes and proteins function, and how they influence the development and behavior of organisms.

3. What is the most exciting project you have worked on as a scientist?

One of the most exciting projects I have worked on was studying the effects of genetic mutations on the behavior of fruit flies. It was fascinating to see how changes in their DNA could affect their behavior and how they interacted with their environment.

4. How do you think science can benefit society?

Science plays a crucial role in improving our understanding of the world and finding solutions to various problems. It has the potential to improve human health, advance technology, and contribute to the conservation of our planet's resources.

5. How can someone get involved in scientific research?

There are various ways to get involved in scientific research, such as pursuing a degree in a STEM field, volunteering at a research lab, or participating in citizen science projects. It's also essential to stay curious, ask questions, and never stop learning.