Did you meet your fiance on PF? A potential first PF wedding!

• Thread starter misskitty
  • Start date
In summary: Miss Kitty, congrats on your engagement! That's great news! You have my best wishes! Hey misskitty. Congratulations on your engagement! Cool!And one less woman to compete with around here. (Oops, did I say that out loud?) When you're 70 or 80 or so and look back at your marriage and all that relationships, families, children, and men involve, what could it be that you would have most liked to go back and change?Seek wisdom for both you and your husband . . . Thank you SD.
misskitty
Hello everyone. I haven't been here in quite some time. However I would say that my reason is a pretty good one. I got engaged!:biggrin: I thought I might share my good news with my friends from PF.

~Kitty

Physics news on Phys.org
I've mostly met you out of GD but anyway:
Congratulations! :smile:

Last edited:
Welcome back misskitty! That's great news! You have my best wishes!

misskitty said:
Hello everyone. I haven't been here in quite some time. However I would say that my reason is a pretty good one. I got engaged!:biggrin: I thought I might share my good news with my friends from PF.

~Kitty
Hey misskitty. Congratulations on your engagement! Cool! :cool:

Best wishes for a long and happy life together! :smile:

Thank you all! Its great to be back!

~Kitty

Cool, congrats!

That's great news! Congrats!

And one less woman to compete with around here. (Oops, did I say that out loud?)

So one day my dad came by and cut down that tire swing I made for my son . . . just out of the blue he did. What would you do MissKitty? Something terrible had happened. He paid a priceless gift to do that . . . and now . . . it never did (in metaphor). When you're 70 or 80 or so and look back at your marriage and all that relationships, families, children, and men involve, what could it be that you would have most liked to go back and change?

Seek wisdom for both you and your husband . . .

Thank you SD.

Yes Moonbear I love you too! LOL. They're AAAALLLLL YOURS GIRL!

Actually interesting fact...he's a fellow PF member except he hasn't been her since he's been deployed (Army).

~Kitty

wow a PF family! Way to go Misskitty! I wish you all the best!

misskitty said:
Actually interesting fact...he's a fellow PF member except he hasn't been her since he's been deployed (Army).
Maybe you should drop us a hint so we don't hit on your fiance when he returns. :biggrin: That's pretty cool. Did you two meet through PF, or did you both join up after knowing each other already? If you met through PF, then I think you'll be our first, official PF wedding! Pop the champagne!

1. What is the significance of "Thought I might share this"?

The phrase "Thought I might share this" is often used as an introduction to sharing something with others, whether it be a thought, idea, or piece of information. It is a way of expressing the desire to share something that the speaker finds interesting or valuable.

2. What types of things are typically shared using the phrase "Thought I might share this"?

The phrase "Thought I might share this" can be used to introduce a wide range of things, such as personal experiences, interesting articles or videos, helpful tips, or thought-provoking ideas. It can also be used to share something that the speaker has created, such as a piece of art or a new invention.

3. Is it appropriate to use the phrase "Thought I might share this" in a professional setting?

In most cases, it is appropriate to use the phrase "Thought I might share this" in a professional setting. However, it is important to consider the context and the audience before using it. If the information being shared is relevant and appropriate for the professional setting, then using the phrase can be a good way to introduce it.

4. How can using the phrase "Thought I might share this" benefit the listener/reader?

By using the phrase "Thought I might share this", the speaker is acknowledging that the information being shared may be of value or interest to the listener/reader. This can make the listener/reader more likely to pay attention and engage with the information being shared. It also sets the expectation that the speaker is sharing something that they have personally found valuable or interesting, which can add credibility to the information.

5. Are there any alternative phrases to "Thought I might share this" that can be used to introduce sharing something?

Yes, there are many alternative phrases that can be used to introduce sharing something. Some examples include "I wanted to share this with you", "I thought you might find this interesting", or "I came across this and wanted to pass it along". The key is to use a phrase that feels natural and genuine to the speaker and accurately conveys the purpose of sharing the information.