Why are my posts disappearing and how can I improve their quality?

• Thread starter Suraj M
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker's thread on a biology forum disappeared twice and they were curious as to why. The first time, it was a thread they started in the homework-intro physics forum and the second time, it was a thread with multiple replies in the biology forum. The reason for the disappearance was due to a clean up of no reply threads with low quality content. The speaker was advised to ensure future threads are high quality and descriptive, and to pay attention to spelling and grammar errors. They also mentioned that most of their posts are direct questions and do not require additional description.
Suraj M
Gold Member
i don't know exactly why or how but...the thread i posted just disappeared ..its happen twice
may i ask why?

Physics news on Phys.org
Was it a thread that you started, or a thread that someone else started?

not just now maybe not...i checked now and it was missing so i reposted(biology forum)..
the first one was the day i joined (homework- intro physics)

jtbell said:
Was it a thread that you started, or a thread that someone else started?
i started !
one had no replies ...couldthat have been a reason?

Suraj M said:
one had no replies ...couldthat have been a reason?
Yes, I did a clean up of no reply threads with little content a few days ago. Sorry your recent thread got caught. Make sure future threads are high quality and descriptive.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Yes, I did a clean up of no reply threads with little content a few days ago. Sorry your recent thread got caught.
what about the other one... it had a lot of replies and it was active...i reposted that too..

Greg Bernhardt said:
Make sure future threads are high quality and descriptive.
Most of my posts are direct questions(knowledge based), there's no need for any description. I shall keep it in mind next time, thank you.
Greg Bernhardt said:
In this thread a lot of your posts have spelling mistakes and grammar issues.
I'll rectify that in the future. Sorry!

Likes Greg Bernhardt

1. Why was my thread deleted/dissapeared?

There could be several reasons for a thread being deleted or disappearing. It could have violated the community guidelines or terms of service, it may have been reported by other users for inappropriate content, or it may have been removed by moderators for being off-topic or irrelevant.

2. Can I retrieve a deleted/dissapeared thread?

If a thread has been deleted or disappeared, it is usually not possible to retrieve it. However, you can reach out to the moderators or administrators of the platform to inquire about the specific reason for the deletion and if there is any possibility of restoring the thread.

3. Will my thread always show up in search results, even after being deleted/dissapeared?

No, once a thread has been deleted or disappeared, it will no longer show up in search results. This is because the thread is no longer accessible to users and has been removed from the platform.

4. Can a deleted/dissapeared thread be restored by other users?

No, only moderators or administrators have the ability to restore a deleted or disappeared thread. Users do not have the ability to restore threads on their own.

5. Is there a way to prevent my thread from being deleted/dissapeared?

To prevent your thread from being deleted or disappeared, make sure to carefully read and follow the community guidelines and terms of service of the platform. Additionally, avoid posting off-topic or irrelevant content and be respectful towards other users to avoid any reports or flags that could lead to the deletion of your thread.