Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
Chronos said:
Locking threads should not count.
I don't know about that - when Zero was a mentor (and I wasn't), I purposely got threads I didn't like locked in the Politics forum (though, admittedly, he usually took the opportunity to get the last word...). :rofl: Its the same as saying something people won't respond to - just more effective and final.

Physics news on Phys.org
Muaaaaaa! They don't suspect me! They think it's franznietzsche, but it is really me. Muaaaaaa! :devil:

I lurk in the anonymous recesses of the internet, watching and waiting for my moment to pounce. I log in, post my response, and I sit and quietly watch as the thread whithers and dies away. In a matter of hours it's over. :devil:

Oh, one or two others, franznietzsche for example, may come along and try to breath life back into it, but it is dead alright. And no amount of clever chatter can save it. Muaaaaa! :devil:

And I didn't even make the "also ran" list! :devil:

What are you talking about?

Nice try franz, this one's mine! Muwahahahahaha! :devil:

See. Weak attempts at resuscitation, but it's dead. :devil:

(Actually I looked back and franz does have a lot of kills to his credit. The Doctor Kevorkian of PF. He just sneaks in and puts the threads to sleep.)

Artman said:
See. Weak attempts at resuscitation, but it's dead. :devil:

(Actually I looked back and franz does have a lot of kills to his credit. The Doctor Kevorkian of PF. He just sneaks in and puts the threads to sleep.)

Au contrair, i resurrect long dead ones, but without the help of the local medical establishment i can't keep them alive. Alas, i am a failed Dr Frankenstein it would seem.

Does it count as a thread kill when I make a comment, then lock the thread?

Integral said:
That's thread execution. We just have to assume the death penalty is justified.

Integral said:

Nope, it's cheating if you lock the thread, so we can't count that. If we started counting locked threads, tribdog would be pretty busy counting that sea of corpses over in TD.

Moonbear said:
Nope, it's cheating if you lock the thread, so we can't count that. If we started counting locked threads, tribdog would be pretty busy counting that sea of corpses over in TD.

Yeah, but it would be easier in TD, because there the threads are all stillborn, its the thread posters who kill them.

franznietzsche said:
Yeah, but it would be easier in TD, because there the threads are all stillborn, its the thread posters who kill them.

:rofl: True, very true.

*yanks thread out of franz's hands* I told you, this one's MINE...Mine, mine, all mine! I'm going to kill this thread or die trying! :tongue:

:rofl:

*sneaks in*

mattmns said:
*sneaks in*
I wonder how long we can sustain this? (it's mine I tell you. I killed it.)

Artman said:
I wonder how long we can sustain this? (it's mine I tell you. I killed it.)

*jumps over coffee table and knocks over lamp lunging for Artman* Hey! Give it back! It's MY dead thread. :tongue:

Moonbear said:
:rofl: True, very true.

*yanks thread out of franz's hands* I told you, this one's MINE...Mine, mine, all mine! I'm going to kill this thread or die trying! :tongue:

:rofl:

Nope it will go to me, because i'll post in it at about 3 Am, and then post in enough threads after it to put it 3 pages back. Then you'll never find it, and i will win.

franznietzsche said:
Nope it will go to me, because i'll post in it at about 3 Am, and then post in enough threads after it to put it 3 pages back. Then you'll never find it, and i will win.

*limps back in* *sighs* Okay, I'll have to concede this one to you. I think I pulled something while tackling Artman. Besides, I think I'll be spending the rest of the night gluing Evo's lamp back together. :frown:

Moonbear said:
*limps back in* *sighs* Okay, I'll have to concede this one to you. I think I pulled something while tackling Artman. Besides, I think I'll be spending the rest of the night gluing Evo's lamp back together. :frown:

Thats what you get for being so over zealous.

Slow and steady wins the race, don't you know that? For someone with a Phd in sex, i'd think you'd at least know that. :wink:

russ_watters said:
:cry: I'm disappointed - as a Reublican, I naturally always want to have the last word and I thought I did a good job of killing threads in the Politics forum.

By the way, how much time do you have on your hands, exactly...?

Wow cool, a new party, where can I sign the sign-up sheet? Can I make up a party song for us? "Hail, we are the mighty Reublicans", what should our party animal be? do you like platypuses?

Anyway we have a lot to decide, who should run as the vp and president in 08? Don't worry we still have a long time and for you Dems and Repubs, make way for the Reublicans.

----------------------

Sorry, I am bored, so i am acting childish.. you don't have to respond to this post..

-------------------------

p.s. - also if you didn't recognize, this is my first attempt at killing/stealing a thread... :blushing:

Last edited:
klusener said:
Wow cool, a new party, where can I sign the sign-up sheet? Can I make up a party song for us? "Hail, we are the mighty Reublicans", what should our party animal be? do you like platypuses?

Anyway we have a lot to decide, who should run as the vp and president in 08? Don't worry we still have a long time and for you Dems and Repubs, make way for the Reublicans.

:rofl: Where can I sign up? We need a new party! Should we get the PF Party Bus ready?

Sorry, I am bored, so i am acting childish.. you don't have to respond to this post..

Nice try. You'll have to be far more clever than that if you plan to steal the title of thread-killer on this one. :tongue:

Moonbear said:
:rofl: Where can I sign up? We need a new party! Should we get the PF Party Bus ready?

I'm bring vodka, rum and guinness. Maybe aftershock, but only the 'special' Pfers are getting that from me.

Nice try. You'll have to be far more clever than that if you plan to steal the title of thread-killer on this one. :tongue:

Cause I'm da MASTA-ThreadKilla! BOO-YAKASHA! :cool:

franznietzsche said:
I'm bring vodka, rum and guinness. Maybe aftershock, but only the 'special' Pfers are getting that from me.

Now that you've given away that you're underage, we're going to have to confiscate those. Sorry kiddo! :cool:

Moonbear said:
Now that you've given away that you're underage, we're going to have to confiscate those. Sorry kiddo! :cool:

It was well known before this.

But for your threat, no aftershock for you.

Next one to post in this thread is a rotten egg.

tribdog said:
Next one to post in this thread is a rotten egg.
NIce try trib. Trying to take the killing of the thread killers thread for yourself tribdog, but no way. I'v got a title to defend here. No aftershock for you either.

Hey Franz, haven't noticed you around the other threads very much...

Yeah, he hasn't quite buried this one as effectively as he thought he would. :rofl: :devil:

Moonbear said:
Yeah, he hasn't quite buried this one as effectively as he thought he would. :rofl: :devil:

Yeah just remember, gokul's getting after shock and you're not. Who's laughing now?

Actually forget that. Me and the single PF women, to the back of the party bus with the aftershock!

franznietzsche said:
Yeah just remember, gokul's getting after shock and you're not. Who's laughing now?

Actually forget that. Me and the single PF women, to the back of the party bus with the aftershock!
What is aftershock? I've never heard of that.

(Oh and by the way, rotten eggs from Tribdog may be okay, but look at them real carefully if he stores them near his pickled onions.) :yuck:

(mine again... but where is moonbear going to leap from this time?)

Artman said:
What is aftershock? I've never heard of that.

(Oh and by the way, rotten eggs from Tribdog may be okay, but look at them real carefully if he stores them near his pickled onions.) :yuck:

(mine again... but where is moonbear going to leap from this time?)

*pounces from behind the sofa* A good 3 hours of sleep and I'm all recovered from yesterday's injuries. franz is going to have to start waking up a bit earlier if he's going to keep his title of killer of the thread killer thread. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
title of killer of the thread killer thread.

That's just adorable... :!) I want this title... :cool: :devil:

Daniel.

Moonbear said:
*pounces from behind the sofa* A good 3 hours of sleep and I'm all recovered from yesterday's injuries. franz is going to have to start waking up a bit earlier if he's going to keep his title of killer of the thread killer thread. :biggrin:
Ooooof! I'd ask you to get off me, but I'm enjoying it way too much. :rofl: :wink:

(Well that should do it for getting rid of moonbear. :tongue2:)

Artman said:
Ooooof! I'd ask you to get off me, but I'm enjoying it way too much. :rofl: :wink:

(Well that should do it for getting rid of moonbear. :tongue2:)

Aaack! *grabs thread and runs far far far from Artman* Neener neener! :tongue2:

Moonbear said:
Aaack! *grabs thread and runs far far far from Artman* Neener neener! :tongue2:
You should not have run out of sight of me. Haven't you ever seen those stalker type horror movies, when the girl foolishly runs away from the murderer (thread killer) only to find that when he disappeared from her sight, he snuck up on her from the other direction and...

AHHHHH! He leaps from the bushes and grabs the thread ripping it into tiny shreads! Muaaaaaa! :devil: :devil: :devil:

I've never seen such horror movies.
In those movies I've seen, the foolish girl always runs into the bathroom or basement where she ought to have known she can't escape from (but that's why she's foolish, I suppose).
Her survival depends upon whether she is pretty or not.

Last edited:
arildno said:
I've never seen such horror movies.
In those movies I've seen, the foolish girl always runs into the bathroom or basement where she ought to have known she can't escape from (but that's why she's foolish, I suppose).
EDIT: whether she survives or not, depends upon whether she is pretty or not.
But she isn't in time to save the thread. Artman drags the lifeless body of the thread to his lair, a dilapidated cabin deep in the woods, where he places the carcass on the "altar" he's constructed out of threads that he has dragged the life out of in the past. :yuck: He lights another candle and sits in his hockey mask waiting for some hapless fool to come along.

Back