Unusual Isotope Data: Have You Encountered This Before?

In summary, the speaker has been conducting analysis on isotope data and has found some results that do not seem to be mentioned in previous literature. They ask the other person if they have also encountered this and provide a link to a published study on the differences between odd and even nuclei. The speaker also mentions that they have a fuller version and an extract of the data available for further examination.
Goccam
I've been doing some analysis on isotope data for a paper, and I've obtained some results which don't seem to appear in the literature. Have you come actross this?

Here's the first one.

Attachments

• threecurves.pdf
    47.6 KB · Views: 187
Physics news on Phys.org
I haven't seen it, but I would be surprised if it is new. That the odd and even nuclei act differently is well known, for example see:
http://prola.aps.org/abstract/PR/v116/i4/p970_1

I don't remember seeing the two types of even being different, but this is not my field. I would be stunned if it wasn't done already.

Apparently 10 downloads, but no comments.
attached is a fuller version and an extract of the data.

Attachments

• isoextract.doc
    185 KB · Views: 165
  • isoex.xls
    80 KB · Views: 237

What are the three curves of stability?

The three curves of stability refer to the righting, heeling, and turning moments that a vessel experiences when it is in motion. These moments determine the stability of a vessel and its ability to maintain an upright position.

How do the three curves of stability affect a vessel?

The three curves of stability are crucial for the safety and stability of a vessel. The righting moment helps the vessel to return to an upright position if it is tipped over by external forces. The heeling moment determines how much a vessel can tilt before it becomes unstable, while the turning moment influences the vessel's ability to change direction.

What factors influence the three curves of stability?

The three curves of stability are affected by various factors, including the vessel's design, weight distribution, and center of gravity. The shape of the hull, the placement of ballast, and the weight of cargo, fuel, and passengers can also impact these curves.

How can the three curves of stability be calculated?

The three curves of stability can be calculated using mathematical equations and formulas. These equations take into account the vessel's dimensions, weight distribution, and other factors to determine the righting, heeling, and turning moments at different angles of inclination.

Why is understanding the three curves of stability important for vessel design and operation?

Understanding the three curves of stability is crucial for designing and operating a vessel in a safe and stable manner. By understanding these curves, designers can create vessels with optimal stability, and operators can make informed decisions to ensure the safety of the vessel and its passengers.