TI-30 Calculator Help: Solve Problems Easily

• MHB
  • Thread starter pexterra
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Calculator
In summary, the person is having trouble entering the expression 10^(3e^(1)-4√(3)). They are trying to enter it in a calculator, but it is coming out wrong. They are also having trouble with the ones with the e in the exponent. They are trying to enter it as 10^(3e^(1)-4√(3)), but it is coming out wrong. They are wondering how to enter it correctly.
pexterra
I can do some of the problems on this, but some I can't figure out. The answers on these listed I am getting wrong, I covered up the ones I know. I am obviously making a mistake typing them in my calculator. The ones with the e not in the exponent but the base, I can't figure out how to enter that. I use 2nd-LN for e^.

Any help? My calculator is a ti-30

khUt5yK.jpg
XBE2yhK.jpg

ibuAi5O.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
You need to use parentheses.

Try the input: e^(5√2-2$\pi$).

Pranav said:
You need to use parentheses.

Try the input: e^(5√2-2$\pi$).

When i hit the 2nd and x^2 giving me my square root sign it adds a parenthesis before the 2 and i can't get rid of it. I think that's messing it up.see

qUc2NAl.jpg

pexterra said:
When i hit the 2nd and x^2 giving me my square root sign it adds a parenthesis before the 2 and i can't get rid of it.

Manually add one more parentheses after 2 i.e e^(5√(2)-2$\pi$).

Pranav said:
Manually add one more parentheses after 2 i.e e^(5√(2)-2$\pi$).

Thank you! I was hitting the negative key instead of the subtraction also.

How do the ones with the e in the exponent work? i can't find an e that does that?

It looks like you need a closing bracket at the very end of the expression.

I got it almost all figured out!

One last question, how do i get the "e" in the exponent like that? I don't think it's 2nd->LN because that would put it at e^ again.

?

DyMjxYf.jpg

pexterra said:
I got it almost all figured out!

One last question, how do i get the "e" in the exponent like that? I don't think it's 2nd->LN because that would put it at e^ again.

?

I have not used that calculator before but can't you simply remove the "^" symbol after you press 2nd->LN? If you can't, write it as e^1.

Pranav said:
I have not used that calculator before but can't you simply remove the "^" symbol after you press 2nd->LN? If you can't, write it as e^1.

No, it won't let me just remove the ^ symbol sadly. here is the way you said to add the e on the bottom problem. The answer is coming out wrong.

im posting it in 2 pictures so you can see the whole problem i typed in.

JBvMEXr.jpg

1ysNUuV.jpg

Try it as 10^(3e^(1)-4√(3)).

1. How do I turn on the TI-30 calculator?

To turn on the TI-30 calculator, press the "ON" button located at the top left corner of the calculator. If the calculator does not turn on, check to make sure the batteries are properly inserted.

2. How do I switch between decimal and fraction mode on the TI-30 calculator?

To switch between decimal and fraction mode, press the "MODE" button located below the "ON" button. Use the arrow keys to navigate to the "Frac" option and press "ENTER" to select it. To switch back to decimal mode, repeat this process and select the "Dec" option.

3. How do I enter exponents on the TI-30 calculator?

To enter exponents, use the "^" button located above the "ON" button. For example, to enter 2 to the power of 3, press "2 ^ 3 =".

4. How do I use the memory function on the TI-30 calculator?

To use the memory function, press the "STO>" button to store a value in the memory. To recall the stored value, press the "RCL" button. You can also use the "M+" button to add a value to the memory or the "M-" button to subtract a value from the memory.

5. How do I clear the TI-30 calculator's memory?

To clear the memory, press the "2nd" button followed by the "MEM" button. Use the arrow keys to navigate to the "ClrAllMem" option and press "ENTER" to select it. This will clear all values stored in the memory.