Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculators Ti-89 connectivity

1. Mar 21, 2008 #1
    I have recently purchased a TI-89 Titanium graphing calc.. although there were two cables included, none of them are able to connect my calculator to my comp? wth i thought they said they included a "computer usb" cable to connect to PC.. clearly the usb cable included is not able to be fitted into the calculator(meaning the other end). Maybe i cannot find a third port on my calculator? Ionly see 2 on the top

Someone help? Maybe they included wrong cable?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 21, 2008 #2
    First, I believe this should be moved to the "Technology" forum.

Second, to fix your problem. Try and find the cord that connect to the calculator, it is going to have to different types of plug, one that matches the plug on the calculator and one that fits your USB. Then, once you have got that connected, or have bought the correct one, you must download the TI-Connect software from the TI website.

4. Mar 21, 2008 #3
    For the record, if you can't figure out how to connect your TI-89, you don't need a TI-89.

5. Mar 21, 2008 #4
    back in the day we used serial ports to connect to our TI 89's and we liked it!

6. Mar 21, 2008 #5
    Ha ha...serial ports. But technically were still using them. Universal SERIAL Bus= USB

7. Mar 21, 2008 #6
    Maybe i should've mentioned it was the ti-89 titanium, not the regular ti-89. Two cables were included, but the mini-usb doesn't fit into the calculator.

the image of the cable is here : http://www.ti89.it/IMG_0410.JPG

8. Apr 20, 2008 #7
    i just bought an 89 titanium and i have the same problem you had... two cables are included but neither will connect my calculator to my pc...

probably a packaging mistake on ti's part, did you do anything to resolve the problem?

9. Apr 20, 2008 #8
    I don't know how to resolve it... What do we do?

10. Apr 30, 2008 #9
    why dont you contact the manufacturer, or something like that...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?