1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculators TI-89 titanium RandInt ?

1. Oct 3, 2007 #1
    TI-89 titanium "RandInt"?

for my class we did a quick programming of a coin toss, everyone else has TI-84s and I have the 89 titanium.

How do I go about entering the function "RandInt" onto the program editor?

Help is greatly appreciated!

P.S. anyone who knows where I could download a quick coin toss code sript? that would be great as well!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 4, 2007 #2

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Simple, if you looked in your manual you would see a function called "Rand([int])". So, to get a random number between 1 and 10 for example, just put Rand(10) in. For a random number between 1 and 54678 just put in Rand(54678). etc.

4. Oct 4, 2007 #3
    Yes, but what if I wanted to find two numbers? such as RandInt (0,1) ? I'm not sure if I'm explaining this very well, but I'm just trying to write a program that would simulate a coin flip, with it being 50% chance Heads/Tails.

5. Oct 8, 2007 #4

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So just call Rand(2). It will give you a random interger between 1 and 2; I think you can see how many that is.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?