Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculators TI-89 titanium RandInt ?

1. Oct 3, 2007 #1
    TI-89 titanium "RandInt"?

for my class we did a quick programming of a coin toss, everyone else has TI-84s and I have the 89 titanium.

How do I go about entering the function "RandInt" onto the program editor?

Help is greatly appreciated!

P.S. anyone who knows where I could download a quick coin toss code sript? that would be great as well!
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 4, 2007 #2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Simple, if you looked in your manual you would see a function called "Rand([int])". So, to get a random number between 1 and 10 for example, just put Rand(10) in. For a random number between 1 and 54678 just put in Rand(54678). etc.
  4. Oct 4, 2007 #3
    Yes, but what if I wanted to find two numbers? such as RandInt (0,1) ? I'm not sure if I'm explaining this very well, but I'm just trying to write a program that would simulate a coin flip, with it being 50% chance Heads/Tails.
  5. Oct 8, 2007 #4

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So just call Rand(2). It will give you a random interger between 1 and 2; I think you can see how many that is.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?