Time is money, knowledge is power.

In summary, this person believes that less knowledge leads to more money, which is supported by the equation that states how fast life goes by (m/s) x how much knowledge someone has (s/m).
cmb
You may've heard this one before:

1. Time is money
2. Knowledge is power
3. Power = Work/time

Therefore;

Money = work/knowledge

which proves the less you know, the more money you get.

I was thinking about this when someone mentioned the 'pressure of time' preventing them from making progress, and I came up with this dimensional analysis. (perhaps it is not quite as amusing, though?);

1. Pressure of time = s/m^2
2. How fast life goes by = m/s

(pressure of time) x (how fast life goes by) = 1/m

This implies you don't get far when the pressure of time is high, and when life goes by too fast.

Physics news on Phys.org
This makes no sense.

Knowledge doesn't just "convert" into power. Francis Bacon was speaking metaphorically when he said that. Time, money and knowledge are abstract concepts while power and work are physics concepts.

cmb said:
2. How fast life goes by = m/s.
That should be s/s

Krunchyman said:
Knowledge doesn't just "convert" into power. Francis Bacon was speaking metaphorically when he said that. Time, money and knowledge are abstract concepts while power and work are physics concepts.
bleh = meh/blah

Likes Evo
Evo said:
This makes no sense.

and that makes sense

Then That/this is undefined

Likes Evo
zoobyshoe said:
bleh = meh/blah
Now THAT I can understand.

Proof_that_Girls_are_Evil.jpg

Likes Evo
cmb said:

1. Time is money
2. Knowledge is power
3. Power = Work/time

Therefore;

Money = work/knowledge

I was thinking about this when someone mentioned the 'pressure of time' preventing them from making progress, and I came up with this dimensional analysis. (perhaps it is not quite as amusing, though?);

1. Pressure of time = s/m^2
2. How fast life goes by = m/s

(pressure of time) x (how fast life goes by) = 1/m

This implies you don't get far when the pressure of time is high, and when life goes by too fast.

Applied knowledge is power, knowledge alone is worthless.
Either the less you know or the more you work, by the equation, the more money you get, no? There are a fair amount of people who are quite successful financially who never went to college or some cases finished high school...but they worked their asses off.

Gee, you guys?! :confused:

OK, I'll make sure I take humour much more seriously in future!

cmb said:

1. Time is money
2. Knowledge is power
3. Power = Work/time

Therefore;

Money = work/knowledge

I would get this published. It's possibly the smartest thing anyone has ever said. It should be plastered on every business school front entrance. This must be to first order, though, since I see no contributions from being a politician.

Pengwuino said:
This must be to first order, though, since I see no contributions from being a politician.

Politicians are special case, because 0/0 is undefined.

Pengwuino said:
I would get this published. It's possibly the smartest thing anyone has ever said. It should be plastered on every business school front entrance. This must be to first order, though, since I see no contributions from being a politician.

It is, as CMB noted, well known. I can't remember how many years ago I first saw the OP derivation. I still like it!

cmb said:
Gee, you guys?! :confused:

OK, I'll make sure I take humour much more seriously in future!

I have to agree w/ you ... seems like the responses just went off the rails

What does "Time is money, knowledge is power" mean?

"Time is money, knowledge is power" is a popular phrase that emphasizes the importance of time and knowledge in achieving success. It means that time and knowledge are valuable resources that should be used wisely and efficiently to achieve one's goals and aspirations.

Who first coined the phrase "Time is money, knowledge is power"?

The origin of the phrase "Time is money, knowledge is power" is uncertain, but it is often attributed to Benjamin Franklin, one of the Founding Fathers of the United States. However, similar phrases have been used by other philosophers and writers throughout history.

What is the significance of the phrase "Time is money, knowledge is power" in science?

In science, the phrase "Time is money, knowledge is power" serves as a reminder of the importance of time management and continuous learning. In the fast-paced world of scientific research, time and knowledge are crucial in making groundbreaking discoveries and advancements.

How can one apply the concept of "Time is money, knowledge is power" in their daily life?

One can apply the concept of "Time is money, knowledge is power" in their daily life by prioritizing tasks, managing time effectively, and continuously seeking knowledge and learning opportunities. This can lead to increased productivity, efficiency, and personal growth.

Is there any downside to the notion of "Time is money, knowledge is power"?

While the phrase "Time is money, knowledge is power" can serve as a motivator and reminder of the value of time and knowledge, it can also create a sense of pressure and stress to constantly be productive and acquire more knowledge. It is important to find a balance and not let the pursuit of success overshadow the importance of self-care and personal well-being.