To generate electricity from piezoelectric load cell

In summary, the person is looking to generate electricity from a piezoelectric load cell by applying a load on it. They are unsure of which type of cell to use and where to get it, and they are seeking assistance in achieving good efficiency. A previous thread in the EE forum may be helpful for them.
hardhumane@gm
i want to generate electricity from piezoelectric load cell by application of load on it, but i don't know which type of cell to use and from where to get it? i want good efficiency, please help me out.

Engineering news on Phys.org
hardhumane@gm said:
i want to generate electricity from piezoelectric load cell by application of load on it, but i don't know which type of cell to use and from where to get it? i want good efficiency, please help me out.

Welcome to the PF.

This previous thread here in the EE forum may help you out:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=373327

Related to To generate electricity from piezoelectric load cell

What is a piezoelectric load cell?

A piezoelectric load cell is a type of transducer that converts mechanical energy into electrical energy. It is typically made of a piezoelectric material, such as quartz or ceramic, that creates a voltage when subjected to mechanical stress.

How does a piezoelectric load cell generate electricity?

When a force is applied to a piezoelectric load cell, it causes the piezoelectric material to deform and generate a voltage. This voltage can then be harnessed and used to power electrical devices.

What are the common applications for piezoelectric load cells?

Piezoelectric load cells are commonly used in sensors, switches, and energy harvesting devices. They are also used in industrial and scientific equipment to measure force, pressure, and weight.

What are the advantages of using piezoelectric load cells for generating electricity?

Piezoelectric load cells have several advantages, including high efficiency, low maintenance requirements, and the ability to generate electricity from a wide range of mechanical forces. They are also environmentally friendly and do not produce any emissions or waste.

Are there any limitations to using piezoelectric load cells for electricity generation?

One limitation of piezoelectric load cells is that they can only generate small amounts of electricity, so they are not suitable for high-power applications. They also have a limited lifespan and may need to be replaced after a certain number of cycles. Additionally, the efficiency of piezoelectric load cells can be affected by factors such as temperature and humidity.