Mastering a Tough Physics Problem to Success and Gratitude

• Thread starter hmfaysal
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the conversation discusses the forces and tensions involved in a system where tension in CD is added to tension B to counteract force A. There are doubts about whether this approach would result in equilibrium in the x plane, and it is questioned what is counteracting the y-axis force exerted on the pole by the cable. The speaker also requests clarification on the question.
hmfaysal
Nice work, thanks

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
hmfaysal said:
Fx= Asin135+ Bsin75

I'm not sure what this lot is. ASin135 would invert the force and put it in the other direction.

Based on the image, the tension in CD is added to tension B to counteract force A.

From what I see (probably the long way around):

(((Tension in CD)Cos45)Cos[alpha]) + BCos[theta] = A

That would resolve the forces and give you equilibrium in the x plane, but I have doubts as per statement below.

However, if CD is applying a tension to the pole and forces B and A are directly opposing in the x plane, what is counteracting the y-axis force exerted on the pole by the cable? Perhaps I'm overthinking it.

Please can you post the actual question, I feel something is missing.

FAQ: Mastering a Tough Physics Problem to Success and Gratitude

What is a "tough physics problem"?

A tough physics problem is a challenging and complex question or scenario that requires a deep understanding of physics concepts and principles to solve. These problems often involve multiple steps and may require creative thinking and problem-solving skills.

Why are tough physics problems important?

Tough physics problems are important because they help students develop critical thinking skills and a deeper understanding of physics concepts. These problems also mimic real-world scenarios and prepare students for solving complex problems in their future careers.

What are some strategies for approaching tough physics problems?

One strategy for approaching tough physics problems is to break them down into smaller, more manageable parts. It can also be helpful to draw diagrams or make a list of given information and unknowns. Another strategy is to use equations and formulas to guide the problem-solving process.

How can I improve my problem-solving skills in physics?

The best way to improve problem-solving skills in physics is to practice regularly. Solve a variety of problems, including tough ones, and try to understand the underlying concepts and principles. It can also be helpful to work with a study group or seek help from a teacher or tutor.

Are there any resources available for tackling tough physics problems?

Yes, there are many resources available for tackling tough physics problems. Textbooks, online tutorials, and practice problem sets are all great resources for improving problem-solving skills in physics. Additionally, many schools and universities offer tutoring services or study groups for students struggling with tough physics problems.

Back