Tracing correct words from Jumbled words using machine learning

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of using machine learning prediction and search algorithms to trace correct words from a jumbled word dataset. The use of machine learning for this task is debated, with some suggesting that a simple permutation and dictionary query method may suffice. Others express frustration with aggressive spell checkers and auto-correct features.
akerkarprashant
TL;DR Summary
Tracing correct words from Jumbled words using machine learning prediction, search algorithms.
Can we trace all correct words from Jumbled words using machine learning prediction, search algorithms?

https://builtin.com/machine-learning/nlp-machine-learning

Input Dataset : Jumbled words.

Jumbled word example: oolp

Output : pool, loop, polo.

Attachments

• images (4).gif
    images (4).gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Not sure you’d need machine learning to do this. I’d permute the letters and query a dictionary to determine if it’s a valid word.

Likes akerkarprashant, anorlunda and pbuk
YIKES! Not another aggressive spell checker.

Given a set of scrambled letters, it may be possible to find a long list of dictionary words. So the spell checker chooses the one it "thinks" best from the list and replaces my text. Or the machine learning checker chooses the most common word from its training data and replaces my text. It is so frustrating to have all the spell checkers over the years refuse to allow me to type my own name -- Dick. :mad:

Likes akerkarprashant
Isn't this just a slightly inferior version of that auto-correct/complete feature present in most phone messaging applications?

1. How does machine learning help in tracing correct words from jumbled words?

Machine learning algorithms are able to analyze patterns and relationships within a set of data, in this case jumbled words. By training the algorithm with a large dataset of correctly sorted words, it can learn to recognize and predict the correct word for a given jumbled word.

2. What is the accuracy of machine learning in tracing correct words from jumbled words?

The accuracy of machine learning in this task depends on the quality and size of the dataset used for training, as well as the complexity of the jumbled words. Generally, with a well-trained algorithm and a sufficient dataset, the accuracy can be quite high.

3. Can machine learning trace correct words from jumbled words in any language?

Yes, machine learning can be trained to recognize and predict words in any language as long as it has been trained on a dataset of that specific language.

4. How can I improve the accuracy of machine learning in tracing correct words from jumbled words?

One way to improve accuracy is by providing a larger and more diverse dataset for training. Additionally, fine-tuning the parameters and optimizing the algorithm can also improve accuracy.

5. Is machine learning the only way to trace correct words from jumbled words?

No, there are other approaches such as using rules and heuristics that can also be effective in tracing correct words from jumbled words. However, machine learning has the advantage of being able to adapt and improve with more data, making it a popular and powerful approach for this task.