Tracking down Phil Trans xxxv 637

• Thread starter tpv
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Tracking
In summary, the conversation discusses the search for Bradley's report on his experiments regarding the fluctuation of gamma draconis angle. Despite attempts to find it on the web, the report could not be located. However, the Royal Society has scanned and published their Transactions before 1923, including Bradley's report. Additionally, another work by Dr. August Busch on the data reduction of Bradley's observations can be found at the Internet Archive. The link to the report and work are provided for further reading.
tpv
I've been doing some study and repeatedly end up again at Bradley's experiments that discovered the way gamma draconis fluctuated in angle to the tune of 20 arc-seconds per year. I've been trying to track down a bunch of questions on this, but have not succeeded, so I thought I would see if I couldn't find Bradley's report directly, and see what he wrote. But search as I might, I have been unable to locate it on the web. Does anyone know if there is a web-site that provides access to original published reports such as Bradley's 1729 report to the Royal Society? Everyone quotes his report as coming from "Phil Trnas xxxv 637", but where do I find this report (in English)?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
The reference is to the Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society in London, Series A, Vol. 35, p. 637.

The Royal Society is still a going concern, and their Transactions published before 1923 have been scanned and put online.

Your letter from Bradley to Halley can be found here:

http://rstl.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/35/399-406/637.full.pdf+html

There is also another work written by a certain Dr. August Busch who did some data reduction of Bradley's observations, located at the Internet Archive:

https://archive.org/details/reductionobserv00bradgoog

Enjoy. :wink:

Wow. Thank-you so kindly SteamKing!

Related to Tracking down Phil Trans xxxv 637

1. How can I track down Phil Trans xxxv 637?

To track down Phil Trans xxxv 637, you can search for it using a search engine or database such as Google Scholar or JSTOR. You can also check the website of the publisher, The Royal Society, for information on accessing this publication.

2. Is Phil Trans xxxv 637 available online?

Yes, Phil Trans xxxv 637 is available online through various databases and the publisher's website. It may require a subscription or payment to access the full publication.

3. What is the topic of Phil Trans xxxv 637?

The topic of Phil Trans xxxv 637 will vary depending on the specific publication. It is a scientific journal that covers a wide range of subjects, so it is important to specify which issue or article you are referring to in order to determine the topic.

4. Can I access Phil Trans xxxv 637 for free?

It depends on the source from which you are trying to access Phil Trans xxxv 637. Some databases or websites may offer free access to this publication, while others may require a subscription or payment.

5. How can I obtain a physical copy of Phil Trans xxxv 637?

You may be able to obtain a physical copy of Phil Trans xxxv 637 through a library or by purchasing it from the publisher. However, keep in mind that this publication may only be available electronically or may require a subscription or payment to access.