Dealing with Social Frustration: Coping with Embarrassment and Anger in School

• Thread starter ScienceGurl
  • Start date
In summary, this person has had a bad day at school, and they don't want to talk to anyone anymore. They think that people are stupid sometimes.
ScienceGurl
Ive had a bad day at school today. All I do is get embarrassed. I just don't want to talk anymore at school. And people can be so stupid sometimes! Has anyone ever been in this situation? Where you just don't want to talk anymore and your just mad at everyone all the time??

:yuck:

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm afraid to say. You might call me stupid.

Go slam a door. You'll feel better.

Well, if you're mad at everyone all the time, I can think of only one thing that all those people have in common. You.

Maybe a change of routine would change your perspective a bit and help you get settled down. It's not healthy to be mad and frustrated all the time, so if you can help yourself get out of that rut, you'll feel better and you'll probably be healthier, too.

Last edited:
Math Is Hard said:
Go slam a door. You'll feel better.

I agree, unless it's a glass door.

ScienceGurl said:
Ive had a bad day at school today. All I do is get embarrassed. I just don't want to talk anymore at school. And people can be so stupid sometimes! Has anyone ever been in this situation? Where you just don't want to talk anymore and your just mad at everyone all the time??

:yuck:

Yep, know how you feel...it happens to me about once a month. :wink: Any chance ordinary things just feel a lot worse because you're near that time of the month now?

Then again, you're in high school, and sometimes it just goes with the age. Want to tell us more about what happened?

I have had that happen to me a couple of times. But not for a while mainly because I go to an online school. I have gotten frustrated at my classmates though.

ahhh--just think that they're all immature--until they prove otherwise

Yay I agree with you guys. Thanks! :D

1. Why do we get angry?

Anger is a natural emotion that we all experience. It is a response to a perceived threat or injustice, and is often triggered by feeling frustrated, hurt, or powerless.

2. How can we control our anger towards others?

One way to control anger towards others is to practice empathy and try to understand their perspective. It can also be helpful to take a step back and assess the situation before responding, and to find healthy outlets for releasing anger.

3. Why do some people seem to get angry more easily?

There are many factors that can contribute to someone getting angry more easily, such as past experiences, personality traits, and coping mechanisms. It is important to recognize and address these underlying issues in order to better manage anger.

4. How can we communicate effectively when we are angry?

When communicating while angry, it is important to use "I" statements rather than blaming or accusing language. It can also be helpful to take a break and calm down before discussing the issue, and to actively listen to the other person's perspective.

5. Can anger be a useful emotion?

Yes, anger can be a useful emotion in certain situations. It can motivate us to address injustices and make positive changes. However, it is important to recognize when anger is becoming destructive and to find healthy ways to manage it.