Ultimate Analysis: Find RAF & RGF with Excess Air 20%

• Thread starter darkmagic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Analysis
In summary, ultimate analysis is a technique used to determine the elemental composition of a substance, RAF is a measure of the air-to-fuel ratio in a combustion process, RGF is a measure of the gas produced in a combustion process, excess air refers to the extra air present in a combustion process, and ultimate analysis can be used to calculate RAF and RGF values with a given excess air percentage.
darkmagic

Homework Statement

given the ultimate analysis of the fuel

c - 88.3%
h - 9.5%
o -
n -
s - 1.4%
ash - 0.8%

find the:

a. raf and rgf
b. concentration of so2 and particulate matter if excess air is 20%.

i know how to calculate the raf and rgf, i also know how to compute the so2 and particulate
matter but i don't know to compute them if excess air is given.

what should i do to the excess air = 20%?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
who knows what should i do?

1. What is ultimate analysis?

Ultimate analysis is a technique used in chemistry and engineering to determine the elemental composition of a substance, typically a fuel or other organic material.

2. What is RAF?

RAF stands for "reactive air fuel" and is a measure of the ratio of air to fuel in a combustion process. It is an important factor in determining the efficiency and emissions of a fuel combustion process.

3. What is RGF?

RGF stands for "relative gas factor" and is a measure of the amount of gas produced during a combustion process. It is used to determine the energy content and efficiency of a fuel.

4. What is excess air?

Excess air refers to the amount of air in a combustion process that is above the theoretical amount needed for complete combustion. This excess air can affect the efficiency and emissions of the process.

5. How is ultimate analysis used to find RAF and RGF with excess air 20%?

Ultimate analysis is used to determine the elemental composition of a fuel, which is then used to calculate the theoretical amount of air needed for complete combustion. From this, the excess air can be determined and used to calculate the RAF and RGF values for a combustion process.