Undergrad Resume for an Internship (Junior)

In summary, the speaker is an undergraduate student pursuing a B.S. in Nuclear Engineering at Rolla (Missouri S&T) and has recently transferred there. They have been attending classes for about a month and have limited experience in their field of study. They are registered to attend a Nuclear Career Fair and have been assigned a paid research project, but have not started it yet. They are unsure how to market the project to recruiters without being misleading. Despite a lower GPA and challenges in their classes, they are excited about their research project and hope to use it to demonstrate their self-motivation and interest to potential employers. The Nuclear Career Fair is today.
TheNE
I am an undergraduate student, pursuing a B.S. in Nuclear Engineering at Rolla (Missouri S&T). I transferred here, and have been attending classes for about a month now. My studies in Nuclear Engineering are limited to the past month here at Rolla. We have a Nuclear Career Fair this coming Monday (that I am registered to attend) and I want to take advantage of it. I have been assigned to a research project here that I will be paid for (haven't started yet). How could I "market" the research project without being entirely misleading (to the point that recruiters might be offended)?

Thank you.

TheNE

Physics news on Phys.org
Just tell them that you have been assigned it and haven't started it yet. Then talk about why you're excited to do it, and if they are interested, share the details with them.

Thanks! I listed it on my resume as: Sought and obtained a research project.
I feel that makes me seem very self-motivated and interested. With a 3.06/4.00GPA, do I have a chance still at getting an internship? Classes have been beating me around, but I'm doing fairly decent. This is still my first semester at this school, and the Nuclear Career fair is today.

1. What should I include in my undergrad resume for an internship?

Your undergrad resume for an internship should include your contact information, relevant coursework, previous work or internship experience, skills, and any relevant extracurricular activities or leadership positions.

2. How long should my undergrad resume be?

Typically, an undergrad resume for an internship should be one page in length. Employers are often looking for concise and relevant information, so be sure to only include the most important details.

3. Should I include my GPA on my undergrad resume for an internship?

If your GPA is above a 3.0, it can be beneficial to include it on your resume. However, if your GPA is lower or you have relevant work experience or skills, it may not be necessary to include it.

4. How should I format my undergrad resume for an internship?

Your resume should be well-organized and easy to read. Use a professional font and make sure to include headings and bullet points to highlight key information. You can also consider using a template to ensure your resume looks polished and professional.

5. Should I tailor my undergrad resume for each internship application?

Yes, it can be helpful to tailor your resume for each specific internship application. Take a look at the job description and company culture to determine which skills and experiences to highlight on your resume. This can increase your chances of standing out to the employer.