1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Job Skills Undergrad Resume for an Internship (Junior)

1. Sep 19, 2012 #1
    I am an undergraduate student, pursuing a B.S. in Nuclear Engineering at Rolla (Missouri S&T). I transferred here, and have been attending classes for about a month now. My studies in Nuclear Engineering are limited to the past month here at Rolla. We have a Nuclear Career Fair this coming Monday (that I am registered to attend) and I want to take advantage of it. I have been assigned to a research project here that I will be paid for (haven't started yet). How could I "market" the research project without being entirely misleading (to the point that recruiters might be offended)?

Thank you.

TheNE

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 23, 2012 #2
    Just tell them that you have been assigned it and haven't started it yet. Then talk about why you're excited to do it, and if they are interested, share the details with them.

4. Sep 24, 2012 #3
    Thanks! I listed it on my resume as: Sought and obtained a research project.
    I feel that makes me seem very self-motivated and interested. With a 3.06/4.00GPA, do I have a chance still at getting an internship? Classes have been beating me around, but I'm doing fairly decent. This is still my first semester at this school, and the Nuclear Career fair is today.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook