Undergraduate College Decision Help

• Schools
  • Thread starter MCpeePants
  • Start date
Hello everyone, I'm new here and am hoping you could give me a hand with my decision. I highly doubt this is deserving of its own thread, but I would really appreciate the help. I plan to major in physics, or at least a subject in a similar vein. I've narrowed my choice down to two schools, Carnegie Mellon and Rensselaer PI. In a strictly financial sense, they're relatively equal, but Rensselaer does have a slight edge. Could anyone please shed any insight on which would be the better choice?

Thank you for any information.

Answers and Replies

Hello everyone, I'm new here and am hoping you could give me a hand with my decision. I highly doubt this is deserving of its own thread, but I would really appreciate the help. I plan to major in physics, or at least a subject in a similar vein. I've narrowed my choice down to two schools, Carnegie Mellon and Rensselaer PI. In a strictly financial sense, they're relatively equal, but Rensselaer does have a slight edge. Could anyone please shed any insight on which would be the better choice?

Thank you for any information.

I got accepted to RPI and turned it down. If you look at their physics department you will notice only 22 professors. Quite a few of those professors are from foreign countries. With that in mind I decided no. RPI does give a very nice financial aid package however. RPI is more engineering than pure science oriented.

I don't know much about Carnegie Mellon, except that they have a good Comp Sci program.

I wound up choosing UT for myself next year.