Undergraduate courses for the study of fractals

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Mathematicize
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
If one wanted to study fractals and their properties, which upper level undergraduate mathematics courses should one take? Or which sequence of generally offered courses should one take? Just to name a few courses that I guess would be related and are offered at the University I study at are: real analysis, classical analysis I and II, modern geometry, topology, and complex analysis.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hey Mathematicize and welcome to the forums.

For fractals, I'm not sure whether you will get a specific delivery of "fractals" per se.

Knowing topology and analysis will be important and building on top of these, you want to check out Hausdorff dimension for understanding fractals in a deeper way.

This is apart from the many books on fractals (not just the pop-math ones, but the serious ones as well).