1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Undergraduate Research in Science/Physics Education

1. Nov 11, 2012 #1
    I am a physics undergraduate student and have a passion for education research. I have spoken to some professors I know that work in that field and have some possible undergraduate research opportunities lined up, but I was wondering if anybody knew of any other undergraduate research opportunities, possibly some REU that is NSF funded. I looked through NSF's list of funded REUs, but didn't find anything in the education field. I also looked into some of the more prominent programs like Harvard's GSE and Berkeley's Education Graduate Program, but to no avail. If anybody knows of a program I should look into, or could maybe point me in a direction to look, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all so much for your help.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 11, 2012 #2
    Kansas State has education research as a project option for their physics REU.

http://www.phys.ksu.edu/reu/2012-per-projects.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  4. Nov 11, 2012 #3
    I know at my school alot of that information could be found in old physics journals lying around..Try walking through the physics department and seeing what they have lying around and hanging on walls.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook