Understanding magnetic flux change during the falling of magnet

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter RED3RED3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Electromagnetic coil
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 2K views
RED3RED3
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
TL;DR
What's the factor which induce EMF in case of falling magnet into the coil
If I drop the magnet into the electromagnetic coil, is magnetic flux density changed or cross sectional area changed during its falling? Actually I dropped a neodymium magnet into the coil and there was the voltage induced but I don't know what's the factor that induce the EMF in this case. Also if there is change of magnetic flux density or cross sectional area, how can I calculate those value without using experimental result I mean the induced EMF value.
 
Physics news on Phys.org