Uni course- Biophysical Chemistry, or Physical chemistry

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Nellen2222
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Uh, my program is Biotechnology/biochem (might change it). I can take a "Biophysical chemistry"or a "physical chemistry" mind you, I am strugging to even pas year one physics i hate it and it sucks. So I really want something with not as much math. Does anyone know if biophysicalchem has less math than physical? or just as much.

Thanks for the inputs!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
physical chemistry doesn't have too much math, you just need to be skilled with calculus 1-3, linear algebra and ODEs.

biophysical, I don't know about. At my school it was a senior level elective about biochemical thermodynamics and transport phenomena. Very interesting stuff but pretty math intensive; you had to take it after taking physical chemistry.

I believe though that the current attitude of biochemistry, that is, the anti-quantitative, not just non-quantitative but anti-quantitative, children's level picture-book approach to the field, does no favors for either the researchers in it, nor the students, when they get onto the job market.