Find Permanent URL for Searching Forums by User UID

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary, a permanent URL for searching forums by user UID is a unique web address that directs you to a specific forum search result based on a user's unique identification number (UID). You can find this permanent URL by first performing a forum search using a user's UID and then copying the URL from the browser's address bar. This URL can be used multiple times to access the same search result. It is different from a regular forum search URL because it includes the user's UID in the search criteria. This permanent URL can also be shared with others, but the search result may change if the user's UID is different from the one used to create the URL.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
I'd like to bookmark a link directly to the threads I'm participating in. (i.e. Search > Advanced > Search by User=UID). Is there a permanent URL I can reference?

Physics news on Phys.org
You can subscribe to those threads and bookmark your Subscribed Threads page- User Control Panel > List Subscriptions. That's what I do. You can also adjust your settings to automatically subscribe to any thread in which you post (I think this is the default setting). And there's also a link to that page under the Quick Links menu at the top of each page.

1. What is a permanent URL for searching forums by user UID?

A permanent URL for searching forums by user UID is a unique web address that directs you to a specific forum search result based on a user's unique identification number (UID). This allows you to easily access the same search result without having to manually enter search criteria each time.

2. How do I find a permanent URL for searching forums by user UID?

You can find a permanent URL for searching forums by user UID by first performing a forum search using a user's UID. Once you have the desired search result, copy the URL from your browser's address bar. This copied URL is the permanent URL for searching forums by user UID.

3. Can I use a permanent URL for searching forums by user UID to access multiple search results?

Yes, you can use a permanent URL for searching forums by user UID to access multiple search results. Each time you use the permanent URL, it will direct you to the same search result based on the user's UID.

4. How is a permanent URL for searching forums by user UID different from a regular forum search URL?

A permanent URL for searching forums by user UID is different from a regular forum search URL because it includes the specific user's UID in the search criteria. This ensures that the same search result is retrieved each time the permanent URL is used, whereas a regular forum search URL may retrieve different results based on changing search criteria.

5. Can I share a permanent URL for searching forums by user UID with others?

Yes, you can share a permanent URL for searching forums by user UID with others. This can be useful for directing others to a specific forum search result without having to explain or share detailed search criteria. However, keep in mind that the search result may change if the user's UID is different from the one used to create the permanent URL.