Deriving the Integral Property from Theorems 1-45 and 1-46

In summary, the conversation is about a user using the Physics Forums app and not being able to find the homework section. They then ask for help with a specific problem from a calculus textbook and provide the problem. They also mention difficulties with using mathematical symbols on their tablet. The summary concludes with a hint to solve the problem using a substitution and changing the limits of integration.
Prometheus11
Hello there. I recently installed the Physics Forums app and could not find the homework section in the categories so I beg your pardon from the following question.

I am using Apostol's Calculus Volume 1 and have encountered a problem on page 72 number 21 (for those in possession of the text). The problem is as follows;

Derive the following property of the integral as a consequence of theorems 1-45 and 1-46:

The integral from b to a of f(c-x) dx is equal to the integral from (c-b) to (c-a) of f(x) dx. Pardon me, I am using a tablet and the app does not seem to contain buttons for mathematical symbols.

Physics news on Phys.org
Nevermind. Forget this. I got it.

Prometheus11 said:
Hello there. I recently installed the Physics Forums app and could not find the homework section in the categories so I beg your pardon from the following question.

I am using Apostol's Calculus Volume 1 and have encountered a problem on page 72 number 21 (for those in possession of the text). The problem is as follows;

Derive the following property of the integral as a consequence of theorems 1-45 and 1-46:

The integral from b to a of f(c-x) dx is equal to the integral from (c-b) to (c-a) of f(x) dx. Pardon me, I am using a tablet and the app does not seem to contain buttons for mathematical symbols.
In symbols,
$$\int_b^a f(c - x)dx = \int_{c - b}^{c - a} f(x)dx$$

If you let u = c - x (from which we get du = -dx), you can rewrite the integral on the left and change the limits of integration. What do you get when you do that?

1. How do I download the App and Apostol?

To download the App and Apostol, go to your device's app store (such as the Apple App Store or Google Play Store) and search for "App and Apostol". Click on the app and select the option to download and install it on your device. Once it is installed, you can open the app and start using it.

2. What features does the App and Apostol offer?

The App and Apostol offers a variety of features for users, including access to scientific articles, research tools, and communication with other scientists. It also has a user-friendly interface and customizable settings for a personalized experience.

3. Can I use the App and Apostol offline?

Yes, you can use the App and Apostol offline. However, some features may require an internet connection, such as accessing online articles or communicating with other scientists through the app's community feature.

4. Is my personal information secure on the App and Apostol?

Yes, the App and Apostol takes privacy and security seriously. Your personal information, including login credentials and personal data, is encrypted and stored securely. The app also has measures in place to protect against unauthorized access.

5. How often is the App and Apostol updated?

The App and Apostol is regularly updated to improve performance, fix bugs, and add new features. The frequency of updates may vary, but the app typically releases updates every few months. You can enable automatic updates on your device to ensure you have the latest version of the app.