Using the Fundamental Theorm of Calculus II to evaluate indefinite integrals

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
rowkem
Messages
48
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Evaluate the following definite integrals using the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus:

1. 1 [tex]\int[/tex] 4 ( (5x2+7x+5)dx )

2. -5pi/6 [tex]\int[/tex] 4pi/6 (−6sinx+7cosx) dx )

3. 2 [tex]\int[/tex] 4 ( (e^-4x)/((e^(-4x))+7) dx )

If it's unclear, the number on the left is the lower bound of the integral and the number on the right is the upper bound of the integral, followed by the function.

Homework Equations



a [tex]\int[/tex] b f(x) dx = F(b) - F(a)

The Attempt at a Solution



Here are my solutions:

1. 1157/6

2. (-6(cos(4pi/6))+7(-sin(4pi/6)))-(-6(cos(-5pi/6))+7(-sin(-5pi/6)))

3. (4-0.25(log(1+7e^16)))-(4-0.25(log(1+7e^8)))

--

It's saying they're all wrong. I can't seem to find where I went wrong. If you could please help me out. Thanks,
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks - I ended up using my calculator for the sake of this question and its:

1. 172.5

2. 11.75833

3. 0.000011977