V For Vendetta: Comic Con Debut Trailer Now Online!

• Thread starter hitssquad
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Trailer
In summary, the Comic Con debut trailer is now online. Natalie Portman :!) looks stunning, but the movie may not live up to the excitement of the trailer. Hugo Weaving is masked for this movie because in LOTR he looked funny.
hitssquad
The Comic Con debut trailer is now online.

http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2005/STUVWXYZ/V-For-Vendetta/trailer.php [Broken]

poster.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I saw the trailer today. Looks awsome.

Natalie Portman :!)

But let's hope that the movie matches the excitement of the trailer. I've seen just too many movies that had trailers that were far more interesting than the movie itself.

Here is the movie plot from IMDB.com: "In a story where Germany won a future World War and Great Britain is now a fascist state, a masked vigilante known only as "V" conducts guerrilla warfare against the government. When he rescues a normal young woman (Portman), she joins his struggle against the forces of oppression..."

It does sound interesting...I've always wondered how different societal norms would be had the allies lost World War II. To us, V seems like a hero as he fights a fascist government responsible for multiple counts of genocide. However, this does not change the fact that V's action are most certainly terrorist in nature, and thus his actions may not be entirely justifiable.

It's also interesting to see if the release date of the movie will be delayed to sometime next year, given that (from what I've heard) the movie depicts London landmarks being blown up.

dduardo said:
Natalie Portman :!)

Why is Hugo Weaving masked for this movie? :mad: Hmph, I guess the movie was not made with the sole purpose of cashing in on the attractiveness of its stars, unless audiences happen find a bald Natalie Portman sexy. :biggrin:

Actually she isn't bald in the beginning. It's only when she gets thrown in jail that they shave here head.

The reason Hugo Weaving is masked is because in LOTR he looked funny, almost out of place. I literally laughed my pants off when I first saw Hugo with elf ears. I was really hoping he would call Froto, Mr. Anderson.

Last edited:
Yeah, Hugo Weaving's career is probably doomed. Just too many people identify him with Agent Smith, so I guess he's going to have to play masked characters for the rest of his life.

It isn't so much that we identify him with Agent Smith, it is just that he has one of those faces.

http://entimg.msn.com/i/150/ce/may2/hugoweaving_150x207.jpg [Broken]

Even when he isn't in costume he looks funny. I think it is the big forehead.

Last edited by a moderator:
i can't get the stupid trailer to work, i can't hear anything...

The high definition version requires Quicktime 7, Gale. Have you tried a smaller version?

i downloaded it, and i tried the lower versions, i just can't get it to work.

OK. I'm sure DDuardo and I can help you figure out what is wrong. Can you give us some clues? What are your system specs?

1. What is "V For Vendetta: Comic Con Debut Trailer"?

"V For Vendetta: Comic Con Debut Trailer" is a trailer for the upcoming film adaptation of the popular graphic novel by Alan Moore and David Lloyd. It was first unveiled at the San Diego Comic-Con in 2005.

2. Who is the main character in "V For Vendetta: Comic Con Debut Trailer"?

The main character is a masked vigilante known as "V", who seeks to overthrow a totalitarian government in a dystopian future Britain.

3. When was "V For Vendetta: Comic Con Debut Trailer" released?

The trailer was released in 2005 at the San Diego Comic-Con, but the full film was released in 2006.

4. Who directed "V For Vendetta: Comic Con Debut Trailer"?

The film was directed by James McTeigue, with the screenplay written by the Wachowskis.

5. What is the significance of the mask in "V For Vendetta: Comic Con Debut Trailer"?

The mask worn by the main character, "V", is a stylized version of Guy Fawkes' mask, a symbol of rebellion and resistance against oppressive regimes. It has become an iconic symbol of the film and its themes of authoritarianism and government control.