Valentine's Day is almost here and no Teddy Ruxpin

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the romantic expectations of men and the lack of reciprocation from women. The experts suggest that men should do something nice for women on Valentine's Day, and that women should offer more romantic gestures in return.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I'm sad.

I give up.

I am pulling my hat out of the dating pool forever. :frown:

Are there no "real" romantic men left in the world?

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm still waiting for the Christmas cookies you promised before I mail off the bear.

tribdog said:
I'm still waiting for the Christmas cookies you promised before I mail off the bear.
The dog ate them, sorry. :redface:

Sorry. I've been saving money to fix my car.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Sorry. I've been saving money to fix my car.
I know, I have a car with a blown engine, thanks to the disreputable dealership, I think a lawsuit is in order.

I know in your heart you'd give me a teddy. :cry:

Evo said:
The dog ate them, sorry. :redface:
no, if the dog HAD ate them you'd have your bear

Oh, quit sniveling, sis. You still have six days... :biggrin:

I would get you one, but they cost $70 bucks and I am dead broke! Sorry :frown: If there was a way to each of us give you $10 bucks, then I would chip in.

cyrusabdollahi said:
I would get you one, but they cost $70 bucks and I am dead broke! Sorry :frown: If there was a way to each of us give you $10 bucks, then I would chip in.
I was already thinking about something like that where a bunch of us could chip into send it with maybe some roses or chocolate. It wouldn't be very nice to leave out the rest of the sisterhood and other PF ladies though.

I'd settle for a Pooh plush... which, I think, I might actually get!

:)

Zz.

TheStatutoryApe said:
I was already thinking about something like that where a bunch of us could chip into send it with maybe some roses or chocolate. It wouldn't be very nice to leave out the rest of the sisterhood and other PF ladies though.
send it to moonbear, she does send cookies

You know, if I were single, I certainly would.

I find myself to be very romantic. There is a catch though, if my girl isn't romantic, then I'm not happy.

I would say I'm much more romantic than my girlfriend. She better step it up.

TheStatutoryApe said:

I'm in on that.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Aww, it's the sweet thought that counts. :!) :!) :!)

JasonRox said:
You know, if I were single, I certainly would.

I find myself to be very romantic. There is a catch though, if my girl isn't romantic, then I'm not happy.

I would say I'm much more romantic than my girlfriend. She better step it up.
oh c'mon it's not her fault she just doesn't love you as much as you love her.

ZapperZ said:
I'd settle for a Pooh plush... which, I think, I might actually get!

:)

Zz.
Since I finally have money, I think you'll be getting something. :smile:

tribdog said:
oh c'mon it's not her fault she just doesn't love you as much as you love her.

Well, that's not how I look it.

I think most girls are selfish when it comes to romance. They ask for it, but never offer it.

Don't you notice the emphasis on men to do something nice on Valentine's Day.

My girlfriend and I celebrate two separate Valentine's Days and I'll do one, and she will do the other. :biggrin:

TheStatutoryApe said:
It wouldn't be very nice to leave out the rest of the sisterhood and other PF ladies though.
That's RIGHT! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Jason is golden too? :!) :!) :!)

Oh my. :!)

Aww, I just got an invitation to San Francisco and a "Possible Teddy". Possible Teddy, RIGHT? :devil:

Someone set up a paypal account so we can chip in. I don't know how to.

cyrusabdollahi said:
Someone set up a paypal account so we can chip in. I don't know how to.

Maybe we can Greg to set it up for us.

We can just send him the money. Wouldn't that be easier?

Evo said:
Aww, it's the sweet thought that counts. :!) :!) :!)
That is really sweet. I think I'm going to cry. :cry:

is this one of those things where if I don't chip in I get banned...?

Evo said:
Aww, I just got an invitation to San Francisco and a "Possible Teddy". Possible Teddy, RIGHT? :devil:
but you'll be wearing it

I could use a Plasma TV as long as you all are setting up Paypal accounts

tribdog said:
send it to moonbear, she does send cookies
I'll settle for just the chocolate, and they can send the Teddy Ruxpin to Evo, and the roses to the other sisters. :biggrin: See, that works for all of us. :approve: And yes, I do send cookies. At least two PFers have been cookie recipients already, and they're both still alive to talk about it. Ooh, maybe I should make heart-shaped cookies for my lab this year. We have an abstract deadline the day after (technically two different conferences have their deadline that day, but we decided we'd rather to go to Boston than Omaha...what's in Omaha anyway?) so I think they might be needing some sugar to get through the night.

Evo said:
A Teddy Ruxpin or just a teddy? :biggrin: :devil:

Edit: D'oh, tribdog beat me to the punchline! This is what I get for replying as I read instead of reading to the end first. :rolleyes:

I'm in for $10 to each PF'r-chick...because you're all just awesome...a PayPal account sounds like it could work.

add: Something else that might work is a PF gift shop. I'd like to have a PF coffee mug & tee-shirt for example, and that might also be a good vehicle for "safe gifting" to other members (e.g., turning those Teddy Ruxpin dreams into reality for example).

Last edited:

Related to Valentine's Day is almost here and no Teddy Ruxpin

1. Why is there no Teddy Ruxpin for Valentine's Day?

The company that makes Teddy Ruxpin has not released a special Valentine's Day edition of the toy.

2. Will there ever be a Valentine's Day Teddy Ruxpin?

There is no current information about a Valentine's Day edition of Teddy Ruxpin being released in the future.

3. Can I still buy a regular Teddy Ruxpin for Valentine's Day?

Yes, the regular version of Teddy Ruxpin is still available for purchase and can make a great Valentine's Day gift for any child.

4. Is there a reason why the company is not releasing a Valentine's Day Teddy Ruxpin?

The company has not provided any specific reason for not releasing a Valentine's Day version of Teddy Ruxpin. It could be due to production or marketing reasons.

5. Are there any other toys similar to Teddy Ruxpin that I can buy for Valentine's Day?

Yes, there are several other interactive and talking plush toys on the market that could make a great Valentine's Day gift. Some popular options include FurReal Friends and Hatchimals.