Video lessons on undergrad physics?

In summary, the individual is a recent high school graduate who will be pursuing an aerospace engineering degree in the fall. However, they are interested in studying physics in the meantime and are looking for videos or real world teaching methods to help them learn. They have excelled in calculus and physics in high school and are looking for resources on undergraduate physics courses and higher level topics such as particle physics and string theory. Suggestions from others include MIT OCW, Stanford and Berkeley lectures, and the Physics Forums learning materials section.
gebrial
Hello everyone. I am just exiting high school and will be going for an aerospace engineering degree this fall but in the mean time I wish to study physics. I am terrible at learning by reading, I cannot stay focused and drift off very easily, reading it but not soaking any of it in after more than a few minutes. Videos or real world teaching works wonders for me. I was top of my class in calculas and physics so I know I'm not lacking in ability.

If anyone knows of videos on undergrad physics courses or any physics above HS physics that I could understand, even after a little reading, that would be splendid. I would be greatly appreciative

Physics news on Phys.org
MIT OCW has a series of videos from their intro physics class.
http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/physics/"

Last edited by a moderator:
The Stanford lectures are pretty good, as are the Berkeley ones. Susskind's lectures at Stanford are incredible. Though I'd say MIT (e.g. Walter Lewin's lectures) are the best for learning about concepts as it gives the entire lecture series as it is being taught to an actual undergraduate class.

Thanks for the links guys. They all look really good. I'll probably be going through MIT videos for now.

Is there anything I should know about what to study specifically if I want to one day understand all the latest ideas and theories about particle physics and string theory? I love physics, but have no idea what I need to learn to get where I want

Related to Video lessons on undergrad physics?

1. What topics are typically covered in video lessons on undergrad physics?

Video lessons on undergrad physics typically cover topics such as mechanics, electricity and magnetism, thermodynamics, waves and optics, and modern physics.

2. Are these video lessons suitable for all levels of undergrad physics?

Yes, these video lessons are designed for students at all levels of undergrad physics, from introductory courses to more advanced topics.

3. Can I access these video lessons for free?

It depends on the source of the video lessons. Some universities may offer free access to their video lessons, while others may require a subscription or payment.

4. How long are the video lessons on undergrad physics?

The length of the video lessons may vary depending on the topic and the source. Some may be as short as a few minutes, while others may be over an hour long.

5. Are these video lessons interactive or just lectures?

Again, this may vary depending on the source. Some video lessons may include interactive elements such as quizzes or simulations, while others may simply be recorded lectures.