Optimizing Forum Browsing on Tablets: Tips and Tricks

• Thread starter trollcast
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the difficulties of using Tapatalk HD to browse a forum on a tablet and whether there is a mobile skin available to make browsing easier. The issue of MathJax not working on Tapatalk is also mentioned. It is noted that the chrome browser may bring up the desktop version of the forum, but the maxthon browser works better.
trollcast
Gold Member
I've tried tapatalk HD but the latex doesn't seem to render properly?

Is there a mobile skin for this forum or something that would make it easier to browse in the tablet browse?

Physics news on Phys.org
trollcast said:
I've tried tapatalk HD but the latex doesn't seem to render properly?

Is there a mobile skin for this forum or something that would make it easier to browse in the tablet browse?

Yeah the MathJax won't work in Tapatalk. We do have a mobile skin, but I think it's disabled for ipads.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Yeah the MathJax won't work in Tapatalk. We do have a mobile skin, but I think it's disabled for ipads.

I'm on a nexus 7 and the chrome browser brings up the forums OK but its a bit weird, maxthon browser seems better. Maybe the chrome browser is bringing up the desktop version?

1. How do I access forums on my tablet?

To access forums on your tablet, you can either use a web browser or download a forum app from your device's app store. Simply open the browser or app and navigate to the forum website.

2. Can I view all forum features on my tablet?

Most forum features, such as posting, replying, and viewing threads, can be accessed on a tablet. However, some advanced features may only be available on desktop versions of the forum.

3. Is the layout of forums different on a tablet?

The layout of forums on a tablet may vary, depending on the forum platform and the device's screen size. However, most forums are optimized for mobile use and should have a user-friendly layout on a tablet.

4. Can I participate in forums on my tablet?

Yes, you can participate in forums on your tablet by posting, replying, and interacting with other users. Some forum apps may also have additional features, such as push notifications, to make it easier to stay active.

5. Are there any limitations to viewing forums on a tablet?

The main limitation of viewing forums on a tablet is the smaller screen size, which may make it harder to read and navigate long threads. Some forums may also have certain features or sections that are not optimized for mobile use.