Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition beta 2

In summary, the conversation is about a person who is new to programming and is having trouble compiling in Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition beta 2. They are looking for help and suggestions on how to compile and are discussing the possible locations of a compile button or help button. One person suggests that it may be under 'build' or that the person may not be using the program correctly. They also share a screenshot of their own version (VC++ 6.0 Professional Edition) for reference. The conversation concludes with the suggestion to try pressing F9 and providing a link to a visual of the program's toolbar.
JamesU
Gold Member
for anyone who owns or is familliar with 'visual C++ 2005 Express Edition beta 2' .

I'm new to programming, and I don't understand how to compile. probably a stupid question, but can anyone tell me how?

Technology news on Phys.org
There should be a comile button if you got the package with the compiler.

which i did, but there's no 'compile' button

Is there a 'help' button? :tongue:

yep, no help there...

You should sue for false advertising.

hmmm...

It might be under 'build' or you might not be using the program right :-p

I don't know about the specific version you're using, but mine (VC++ 6.0 Professional Edition) looks similar to this screen shot. See if this helps any..

http://www.cs.georgetown.edu/~maloof/cosc071/msdev6.gif [Broken]

I can't imagine that it would be that much different. :grumpy:

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, mine's a lot different

yomamma said:
hmmm...

hmmm...

what options do you have on the toolbar, yomamma?

klusener said:
yomamma said:
hmmm...
hmmm...
hmmm...

did you try pressing F9 yet?

yomamma said:
hmmm...

http://img43.echo.cx/img43/1337/199vb.gif

Last edited:

1. What is Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition beta 2?

Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition beta 2 is a software development tool created by Microsoft. It is a beta version of the popular Visual C++ programming language used for creating applications for Windows operating systems.

2. What are the system requirements for Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition beta 2?

The minimum system requirements for Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition beta 2 are a computer with a 1.6 GHz or faster processor, 512 MB of RAM, and 4 GB of available hard disk space. It also requires Windows XP or a later version of the Windows operating system.

3. Is Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition beta 2 free to use?

Yes, Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition beta 2 is completely free to download and use. It is part of the Microsoft Express Edition suite of programming tools, which are designed for students, hobbyists, and beginner programmers.

4. Can Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition beta 2 be used for commercial purposes?

No, Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition beta 2 is not intended for commercial use. It is meant for non-commercial use only, such as learning, personal projects, or open-source development.

5. What are some key features of Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition beta 2?

Some key features of Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition beta 2 include a user-friendly interface, support for creating both native and managed applications, advanced debugging and error-handling tools, and integration with other Microsoft development tools such as Visual Studio and SQL Server.