Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Want me to fetch a thread from the archives?

1. Sep 17, 2003 #1

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi,

Now that I am *drumroll* Super Mentor, I can move topics to and from any Forum . No doubt, all of you were tracking certain threads with much interest. In order to ease the transition to the new format, post a URL to any topics you would like to see moved out of the Archives and into the current Forums here. I will try to move it within 24 hours.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 17, 2003 #2
    You mean there are actually things a Super Mentor doesn't naturally know?

*sudden insecure feeling creeps in*

4. Sep 17, 2003 #3
    Isn't a SUPER MENTOR supposed to be a "mind-reading/telepath"??
    Why would they ask questions of gnomes/peons like us?? Heck they should just know!

5. Sep 21, 2003 #4

LURCH

Science Advisor

I tried it, and it works. But the Topic did not show up untill a new post was added. When I went to the "Aerospace Engineering" Forum, the "X-Prize" Topic did not show up, but when I used the search feature to look for it, it showed as being in that Forum. At any rate, when I added a new reply to that Topic, it then showed in the Forum. So if you've asked to have a Topic moved and you don't see it, try searching and then adding a new reply to it.

All hail the Ubermentor!

6. Sep 21, 2003 #5
    ......And if we can get them to run in circles, the "Tor-mentors" (?????)

7. Sep 21, 2003 #6
  8. Sep 22, 2003 #7

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Done.

That's because the last post was more than 30 days old. If you reset the drop down menu at the bottom of the screen to show threads from farther back, then it will always be there.

9. Sep 22, 2003 #8
    Well, congratulations, Tom!

I have nothing to move right now, but I probably will soon.

10. Sep 22, 2003 #9
    CHEEESE! he still didn't get that "telepathic message" from me yet, must be something in the airwaves, or something else, Hey!! maybe he is the resistive type and I'm just fooling myself more then anyone else!!

(P.S. this is JUST A JOKE!!)

11. Sep 23, 2003 #10
    If it's alright with AG, I'd like to request that his "Current Human Evolution" thread be moved out of the Archives (into "Biology").

12. Sep 23, 2003 #11

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Done. We'll "talk logic" soon.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?