Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Warning, more DHMO effects

1. Oct 29, 2005 #1
    Di-hydrogen monoxide (DHMO) was an excellent joke of a student, showing how easy people can be fooled/conned when appealing to their noble instincts - safety, protection, defence. Of course we have to protect the world, and when there is any acute danger, we must act. Apparently, we need that kind of incentive, as instincts want to satisfy it’s need. And in doing so, it may tend to lower our acceptance standards, completely overlooking how we are conned. We could call this the Di-hydrogen monoxide effect

So where is the next enemy we find? yes global warming of course. He appears to be active again, Tom Chalko, fully exploring the DMHO effect.

I think I should show this just as a warning for that effect, to show to be critical at anytime, especially when appealing to noble senses:

Warning, warning this is utter nonsense

And this too
    Might be an idea to expose what is gibberish and what is reality.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 29, 2005 #2

matthyaouw

Gold Member

I like his volcanic activity graph. Not only is it showing trends over a rediculously short timescale, but it is incorrect.

4. Oct 29, 2005 #3

cronxeh

Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?