Did I Just Get Accepted to Washington State University?

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's previous thread where they were depressed about being rejected from a college, but now they are announcing that they have been accepted to Wazzu and are feeling euphoric. They also discuss their plans to major in Chemistry with a minor in Physics, while others offer advice on not wasting time on unnecessary classes and self-studying. The conversation ends with congratulations and well wishes for the speaker's college experience.
Char. Limit
Gold Member
Remember my "I Am A Failure" thread, where I was depressed about being rejected to a college?

Well, this thread is the opposite.

This thread serves but one purpose.

For me to state to everyone I know and a lot of people I don't know that I just got accepted to Wazzu!

I feel absolutely euphoric.

Physics news on Phys.org
Nice. What are you going to major in?

This is actually great news.

Chemistry with a minor in Physics.

Congrats! As tough as it is to be confronted with rejection, success is always just around the corner. :smile:

Char. Limit said:
Remember my "I Am A Failure" thread, where I was depressed about being rejected to a college?

Well, this thread is the opposite.

This thread serves but one purpose.

For me to state to everyone I know and a lot of people I don't know that I just got accepted to Wazzu!

I feel absolutely euphoric.
Congratulations!

Keep in mind to take things one step at a time. You can't change the past, but you can always work forward from the present. Remember to break large goals into smaller manageable goals so that way you don't get overwhelmed.

Char. Limit said:
Chemistry with a minor in Physics.

I'll be honest with you here, sure why not. Don't minor. Try to get BS/MS in 5 years or whatever allows you to learn the most about a single subject. Don't skimp out on the liberal arts either. Sure now that I've taken lots of them its mostly stupid b.s. to me but you don't know the lesson until you've learned it.

Point is. Chemistry and Physics are not related. If you were to take lots of biology classes alongside with chemistry or math that's different, but majoring in Chemistry and then minoring in Physics at most will give you like modern physics exposure and electrodynamics classes, that's in addition to physics 1+2 with labs. I don't see the point

Well, I just enjoy some of the physics stuff, so I want to learn about it.

Although, considering that classes cost money, that part may change.

Char. Limit said:

Precisely. Having a masters degree puts you way, way, ahead of the curve. Wasting time on classes that won't give you an edge in either grad school or employment opportunities is hazardous to your lifestyle. Taking 2-3 extra classes in biology (microbiology, genetics, biochemistry) in addition to chemistry courses will give you an advantage.

Once you get to the point where you can understand and learn things yourself, you can just read up on physics or whatever will float your boat by then.

Char. Limit said:

Unless you need it for your degree, you might want to study physics on your own. Judging by your posts, I'm sure you're fully capable of self-studying. As far as I can tell, a college degree is mostly based on work you do on your own(papers, studying, homework, etc). The point of degree programs isn't to educate a student, but to give them credit for what they have learned.

Nice :approve:! A big congrats!

Bring a warm coat, it gets chilly there in winter.

Congrats! I hope you enjoy the rain.

Haha... I live only 100 miles away. So I'm used to the rain and the cold weather that doesn't exist anymore in Spokane for some reason.

I want winter back...

But no! No sad thoughts today!

Congrats man.

You should change your user name to "No. Limit" now

Congratulations Char.

Enjoy the college years, learn a lot and have all the fun you can have !

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=2630881#post2630881

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to go! Happy news. See? Wait a few days; things will change. :smile:

Great Char. Limit! Wish you the best :smile:

1. What is the location of Washington State University?

Washington State University is located in Pullman, Washington, with additional campuses in Spokane, Tri-Cities, Vancouver, and Everett.

2. How many students attend Washington State University?

As of 2021, Washington State University has an enrollment of over 31,000 students.

3. What are the most popular majors at Washington State University?

Some of the most popular majors at Washington State University include Business, Psychology, Biology, Engineering, and Agriculture.

4. Does Washington State University have a strong research program?

Yes, Washington State University is a top-tier research institution, with over $400 million in research funding and a wide range of research opportunities for students and faculty.

5. What notable alumni have graduated from Washington State University?

Some notable alumni of Washington State University include actor and comedian Craig T. Nelson, NFL quarterback Drew Bledsoe, former US Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, and Nobel Prize-winning economist Vernon L. Smith.