Weird News Compilation

• News
  • Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    News Weird
In summary, a man who used to be a Fox News guest analyst and claimed to be a CIA agent was sentenced to 33 months in prison for lying about his security clearance, criminal history, and finances.
Physics news on Phys.org
Borg said:
I went straight to snopes and was going to post the same thing. It sounded too good to be true.
It was so funny that I didn't want to know the truth. Someone once answered to an anecdote I told him: "I don't believe it's true. However, it could have been true."

The story also reminded me on a car accident a friend of mine was involved in. Nothing serious or to speak about. However, the other guy ran away from the scene, but the police found him. It's been an American soldier. Obviously he has been told not to make any statements at the police - foreign procedures in a foreign language. So the officers could only call for the MP. As my friend left the police station he saw how the MP treated him. He'd better have spoken with the foreign cops ... far better and definitely less painful.

Last edited:
Likes Sophia and Borg
Greenacres has really gone downhill.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime--law/greenacres-man-attacks-girlfriend-after-she-calls-him-homophobic-slur/7OPK74H8nwa0RwBmji0anL/
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime--law/pbso-greenacres-elementary-lockdown-amid-nearby-search/oe5Z2XroMSO8KsvpPvYD9M/
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/local/greenacres-man-dies-when-drives-off-road-vehicle-into-mobile-home/PDsBkvzz7uKNFaihONu8vO/

Likes OmCheeto
fresh_42 said:
Creepy:
"The Canadian military is investigating a mysterious sound from the bottom of the Arctic. Wildlife won't go near it."

http://www.sciencealert.com/the-can...ysterious-sound-from-the-bottom-of-the-arctic
Another proof that hell exists! There's already one from siberia on YouTube. You can even hear people screaming in torment.

(weird old news. I once was in a Catholic store waiting at the cash register and the seller seriously explained the customer about the recording from siberia. He 100% believed that.
I must have made a terrible face expression (from shock that he can claim something like that, not because I believed) because he immediately turned to me : " Don't worry, miss, there's heaven, too! ".

I have another one that's bothering me. But I can't point to an internet page.

The small print on most honeys you can buy here says: "produced from honey from EU states and non-EU states".
Do they really use a three-valued logic? I cannot believe there is so much smartness in the Brussels administration.
So what do they want to tell me? That it's terrestrial honey? Not produced in the oceans?

@Sophia Would you mind to have a look on yours and tell me?

fresh_42 said:
I have another one that's bothering me. But I can't point to an internet page.

The small print on most honeys you can buy here says: "produced from honey from EU states and non-EU states".
Do they really use a three-valued logic? I cannot believe there is so much smartness in the Brussels administration.
So what do they want to tell me? That it's terrestrial honey? Not produced in the oceans?

@Sophia Would you mind to have a look on yours and tell me?
Yes, we have exactly the same information! It frustrates me so much. Because I want to buy local honey and there's even our national symbol on it, but at the same time there's this ridiculous sentence!

Sophia said:
Yes, we have exactly the same information! It frustrates me so much. Because I want to buy local honey and there's even our national symbol on it, but at the same time there's this ridiculous sentence!
Exactly why I discovered it. I wanted to avoid Chinese honey, possibly polluted or cut with sugared water, as well as I wanted to keep the transportation routes short and support local beekeepers. I wouldn't mind to buy it from somewhere else in the EU, but from anywhere uncontrolled?!

Last edited:
fresh_42 said:
Exactly why I found it out at all. I wanted to avoid Chinese honey, possibly polluted or cut with sugared water, as well as I wanted to keep the transportation routes short and support local beekeepers.
The best way is if you know the beekeepers personally. There are two of them in my town but they only make enough for their family and friends, so they don't sell anything.
Another option is buying online from local producers, usually they will have websites and sometimes they allow you to visit and have a look at the bees.
Or if you have local markets with tradesmen who sell their own products you may find a trustworthy beekeeper. But it depends on your judgement if you trust him or not. You might find them now at Christmas market.

Borg said:
Damned Cubs fans. :oldtongue:
... as long as nobody calls it "world series" ... that's driving me mad ...

Likes S.G. Janssens
fresh_42 said:
... as long as nobody calls it "world series" ... that's driving me mad ...
I had to explain that one to my wife last week when she asked why it's called that if it's only for US and Canadian teams.

Borg said:
I had to explain that one to my wife last week when she asked why it's called that if it's only for US and Canadian teams.
Yes. Disrespecting e.g. Cuba and Japan.

fresh_42 said:
Yes. Disrespecting e.g. Cuba and Japan.

:cool: Right, like these guys could compete in a World series game. http://www.worldbaseballclassic.com/
It is the world’s premier baseball event with the top talent from those countries as past, present and future players.

nsaspook said:
:cool: Right, like these guys could compete in a World series game. http://www.worldbaseballclassic.com/
It is the world’s premier baseball event with the top talent from those countries as past, present and future players.
That's not the point. It's the typical American attitude that disturbs.

Likes Sophia
fresh_42 said:
That's not the point. It's the typical American attitude that disturbs.
I think that he's being a bit facetious. If you dig around nsaspook's post, you'll see that Japan and Cuba have frequently beaten the U.S.

Likes nsaspook
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime--law/peta-asks-martin-county-only-feed-austin-harrouff-vegan-meals/F1k0Cb78BWo9tUWQPBXppO/

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, or PETA, has asked the Martin County Sheriff’s Office to only feed http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/tequesta-murders/iKWBslgze0LALeWdJit88O/vegan meals while he is inside the jail.

Harrouff allegedly stabbed John Stevens III, 59, and Michelle Mishcon, 53, to death at the couple’s home on Southeast Kokomo Lane in Martin County on Aug. 15. A neighbor tried to get Harrouff of the couple, but was injured the process

When deputies arrived, they found Harrouff on top of Stevens, biting his face. It took a Taser, several kicks to the head and a police dog to get the 19-year-old off Stevens and into handcuffs.

There used to be a People Eating Tasty Animals website to make fun of PETA.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably the first time in history that a billionaire will move into public housing vacated by a black family.

Likes Astronuc, 1oldman2, CalcNerd and 3 others
nsaspook said:
This is probably the first time in history that a billionaire will move into public housing vacated by a black family.
bwaha.gif

Here's a lovely satire on the topic:
Queen Offers to Restore British Rule Over United States
http://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...rs-to-restore-british-rule-over-united-states

Likes OmCheeto
nsaspook said:
:bow:
That's awesome. :oldlaugh:

nsaspook said:
It's also the first time - I think - that a 90 minutes crash tutorial led to a 24 hour CNN coverage.

A plan by Himanshu Bansal, an orthopedic surgeon in India, to give around 20 brain-dead people a mix of interventions including injections of mesenchymal stem cells and peptides, and transcranial laser stimulation and median nerve stimulation to revive brain-dead accident victims has been shut down by the Indian Council of Medical Research.

Likes Evo and S.G. Janssens
BillTre said:
A plan by Himanshu Bansal, an orthopedic surgeon in India, to give around 20 brain-dead people a mix of interventions including injections of mesenchymal stem cells and peptides, and transcranial laser stimulation and median nerve stimulation to revive brain-dead accident victims has been shut down by the Indian Council of Medical Research.
Maybe he should apply for tenure at Herbert West's Miskatonic University. I think his odds are good.

Likes Evo and BillTre
Likes Evo